My best target thread ?

Re: Was so windy!

Peter Cross
Administrator
Was bloody windy Dave,

That didn't seem to worry you too much though, as usual you an Kathy both shot great. Congratulations on your win, 261.x is a fantastic score on even the best of days let alone on one like we had.

Thanks , the hope was new comers can not only peruse this thread and see some good/great targets but if they are looking at getting into the sport they may get an idea of some of the gear competitors are using and loads being shot. Hopefully give them an idea of where to start and what can be achieved.

Light gun best target

Dave Zucconi

Definitely the best centrefire target I have ever shot. Pity the rest of the cards were no wear even close.

Re: My best target thread ?

Fred Blacker
Just to keep you happy Pete. My target from 2020 Nationals

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
Great target Dave. I always find Canberra a challenge and the long weekend of the Nationals was no exception.

Fred it was good to actually watch you shoot this one. You forgot to mention its a new national record for 200yd group and would have been for score except Annie just got you in a later detail.

Thanks for sharing them.

Re: My best target thread ?

Fred Blacker
Annie's target

Re: My best target thread ?

stuart veal
canberra 2020
As a newcomer and still way off the mark of the other targets posted this is my best at 500. I have had smaller groups but obviously at shorter distances.
I cant wait till this covid thing is over  to improve my groups and scores

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
Hi Stuart.

There is nothing wrong with that, nice target and you got that pesky fly.  It wasn't  that long ago when my daughter and I would have been wrapped to do that at 300m let alone 500.  One thing about this game we play is how addictive it can get. Like you we can't wait to get back out to the range, this covid business can't end soon enough.

What rifle, cartridge, load, etc are you shooting ?

Re: My best target thread ?

stuart veal
G'day Peter,
I'm using RED7 a sleeved Rem7 which was originally built and owned by PVM, that was chambered in 6dasher when i bought it from him last year but i then had Luke Easter put on a new barrel in 6BR.
The load im running at the moment is as follows...
LAPUA cases
CCI BR4 primers
AR2208 30.7gr
Berger target VLD 105gr
seated 15tho off the lands giving 2963fps with an ES of 1.4

I also currently have Luke doing a rimfire build for me so i can retire the Savage MKII back to the what its better suited.
On that note i must also say a huge thank you to Murray Hicks for the loan of his rimfire at the nat's along with Tim Pavey and Glen Aarsen for their offers too, without these guys i'm sure i wouldnt have got my RF fly patch after the loading issues i was having with the savage.

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator

I know Mr Pavey won't post these as he is a very modest man, and not a bad shot either :D

Shot at Hilltop in some of the hardest conditions I have seen. When most of us were struggling to score 30's Tim opened up with these on his A and B Target, both screamers.  Of course Tim shoots a BRX. :D

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
If we all only learnt one thing at the Wagga 2022 Nationals that would be the future of our sport is in very capable hands.

On Saturday young Eli didn't just shoot the highest target and smallest Group (0.760) for the day. He shot a new National high target record for score 60.3, surpassing the previous record of 60.0 held by his Dad Grant. Eli also finished 5th overall in LG and in the top 10 for 2 gun LG+HG,

Close up of the target and Rifle specs are on the front page of this thread at the top where it deserves to be.

On Sunday young Callum wasn't just content to shoot the smallest group of the day (1.106). He cleaned everyone up in HG with a score of 266.3.  He also finished 6th overall in the 2 Gun LG+HG.  I know his win would be very special to Callum as he did it all with the rifle his Grandad had given him .

An absolutely fabulous effort from both these two talented young men.

12345