My best target thread ?

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
G'day Shane.

Well done, nothing like nailing your first fly. Worst thing about it is how addictive it gets, sort of becomes an obsession

Re: My best target thread ?

Stuart Pethy
Peter it's official

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
I know I know. Its all over the bloody facebooks.

Re: My best target thread ?

Stuart Pethy
Hahahaha you love it

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
This is Jason Armstrong's 300m 60.5 @ .695.
Batemans Bay "Procal" South Coast Championships.

And if that isn't impressive enough

Re: My best target thread ?

Bob Coulter
Although it was while I was testing a new load,  I doubt I will ever shoot a group like this again at 500m.

I don't think I need to do anymore load development

Re: My best target thread ?

Stuart Pethy
nice shooting bob

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
C'mon Bob I reckon you can improve on that. I would try dropping that load by at least a grain and shooting it this coming weekend in our local Club meet

Re: My best target thread ?

Bob Coulter
Thanks Stuart i doubt if I will ever do this good again had good conditions and 5 good bullets

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
Peter G from our range shot this in  our local 200yd fly shoot. Not every day you see 4 flies on one target.

Made by Luke at Pro-Cal
Stiller 2500X
Shilen Ratchet barrel
Homemade stock.
Eley Match

My best target thread ?

Geoff Hansen
This post was updated on .
My recent effort in wispy conditions at "the Bay" Bateman's Bay Light Gun - Nationals

Small group LG 2019 Nationals

Re: My best target thread ?

Fred Blacker

Not my highest scoring target, but definately my smallest group in competition. 200yard rimfire.

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Nice shooting Geoff and Fred
Those screamer patches really look great.

Re: My best target thread ?

David Dundas
Hi Peter

Here are 2 more targets from the Rimfire Nationals shot in that wind, not as good as Feds group but if offered you would take them any day of the week.
Tony's Group on top and Kathy's below - Excellent shooting.
Tony Ryans Rimfire Screamer
Kathy's Screamer and High scoring target

Well done Fred , Tony and Kathy.

Dave Dundas

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator

Hi Dave.

You certainly aren't wrong about that. I would take targets half as good as them.  I know we turned our spotting scope towards the targets on bench 5 more than a few times on Monday to admire them.   Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
If you ever wanted to know how good and consistent you have to be to shoot a national record for total score,  you may want to take a close look at Belly's (aka Michael Bell)  targets from the 2019 National championships.  Belly's total aggregate score was 284.9 for the 5 HG targets, that's an average of  56.8 and  1.8 flies per target! Now that is some astonishing shooting in anyone's language.

Something that is noteworthy about Belly's targets is they were shot with un-fired hydroformed BRX brass. So if you think you need to complete the forming process by firing them once after the (properly done) hydroforming then these targets would suggest otherwise.

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Its not just "Trouble" who loves the .284. For a change it  behaved itself for me.

Savage 12
.284 Win
30" Bartlien 5r 8.5 twist 1.250 straight taper
Vortex Golden Eagle

Re: My best target thread ?

Stuart Pethy
haha nice mate .. some great targets in the thread

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Yeah Stuart there is and there is about to be 2 more.

2019 Pro-Cal Challenge day 2 Rimfire.

Steve Ball highest scoring target.

Stiller 2500X
Lilja Barrel
Bix & Andy Trigger
NF Comp 42x44
Eley Match

and it just so happens it was made by Luke at Pro-Cal :D

This one is certain to end up on the front page of this thread.  A pending new National Record for best Rimfire Group.  Young Matty Riches shot this 0.90

(Young Ken's Rimfire)
Stiller 2500X
Jewel Trigger
Big Stick stock
Barrel (Jury is still out on that one )
March EP zoom
Eley Tennex

Re: Was so windy!

David Dundas
Hi Peter,

Love those groups shot on Sunday at the Procal challenge, I saw them posted on the wall and could not believe it. The wind spun my wind probe around after the 3rd detail and a couple of targets blew off the frames and both those groups were shot late in the day when the wind was at its worst. Well done.

Pete - I love that you are putting extra details on the rifles\bullets used for these great cards, very interesting.

Cheers

Dave
12345