My best target thread ?

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
Very Nice. We were going to have a  barrel chambered for a Dasher but went with the BRX instead.  The deciding factor was not having to buy another set of dies. They seem nearly identical when it comes to loads. We settled for 105 Hybrids (8thou off the lands) with 33.0gr of 2208 for 3000fps.

Re: My best target thread ?

Jethro
Yeah mate I'm running 105VLD Berger Target projectiles moly coated and 32.8gn of 2208. Don't know my velocity mate I haven't crono them.

On 16 Jan 2018 3:23 PM, "Peter Cross [via 500 M Fly Shooter]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Very Nice. We were going to have a  barrel chambered for a Dasher but went with the BRX instead.  The deciding factor was not having to buy another set of dies. They seem nearly identical when it comes to loads. We settled for 105 Hybrids (8thou off the lands) with 33.0gr of 2208 for 3000fps.

http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nabble.com/My-best-target-thread-tp5708794p5709743.html
To unsubscribe from My best target thread ?, click here.
NAML

NAML

Re: My best target thread ?

John 23 Harris

200m fly

Re: My best target thread ?

Stella
This post was updated on .
Hi John! That's a great target, what an amazing group!

"Santa" brought us a new Savage with a 308 Maddco barrel. I haven't shot it in comp yet but these are definitely the best groups I've shot at 300m with the .308 and I'm excited to see how it shoots at the next fly competition

Too bad we only had three of these rounds

Re: My best target thread ?

Jethro
Hi Pete thanks for doing my target mate. Looks 100% than what I tried to post

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
Anytime Jethro,  It was a great target.  You have to be happy with scoring the highest target in LG, especially in the conditions we had. Wish I had something worth posting but that's why I take "Trouble", this has to be her best target with the 308 , ill have to get her to show me how to shoot it :D

Re: My best target thread ?

Nick Aagren
Administrator
300m Fly at Batemans Bay Feb 2018

30BR, Ultimatum Action, Jewell Trigger, Lilja 17 twist barrel, NF Benchrest 12-42x56
AR2207, 118gn flat base jammed +.01", 3,000 fps
Light wind from right to left

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
Unreal Nick. That's going to be nearly impossible to beat. You and Belle have got us excited about getting a 30br or 30brx barrel, they would be fun to shoot and the 5000 plus rounds is a huge drawcard.

I have updated the first post on this thread to show 3 of the current national records, Anthony's LG  group, Les's HG group  and John Lavaring's best group and highest score rimfire record he shot at Canberra in March.

Re: My best target thread ?

National Records of Light Gun,

Hi Peter

The targets of Anthony's are not the current National Record they were surpassed at Wagga by myself i still have the targets somewhere i will try and get them posted.

Cheers Les

good thread mate

Re: My best target thread ?

Hey Les,

Yep, mine is still the record  - It is group that Peter posted....

Unless you shot a sub 1/2 inch group and didn't tell us :)

Re: My best target thread ?

Yeh sorry Anthony i only seen the agg targets and thought that was it. But to right another wrong the national HG target actually belongs to Barry Tucker who shot a screamer target at Canberra from Memory.

Still a great thread Peter and keep it going.

Les

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Hi Les

It would be great if you could post those 5 targets, I know Belly did a great article on raising the bar and that features Anthony's LG and your HG aggregate scores. Ill give Barry a call and see if he has still got a picture of his target and update the front page.

Thanks

http://www.500mflyshooter.com.au/index.cfm/articles-content/fly-records-improving-scores-and-lifting-the-bar-by-michael-bell/

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
If Jethro's not shooting the highest target in LG, looks like he's shooting the best group .

Little River April 2018
Smallest Group 1.324

Dasher
Barnard PC dual port.
Maddco barrel,  Shehane st 1000 stock.

32.8 2208  (Mollied)
Berger 105 VLD
Jammed 10thou

Re: My best target thread ?

Stuart Pethy
records as i was i sent the other month

       S.S.A.A. National Benchrest Records ( Fly )
                                1706

Rimfire 200 Yds

Total Score 273.04 Keegan Mc Grann 26/06/2016 Batemans Bay NSW
Single Target Score 59.01 Brad Gooley 13/03/2016 Canberra NSW
Single Target Score 59.02 Anthony Hall 13/03/2016 Canberra NSW
Smallest Group 1.028" Keegan Mc Grann 26/06/2016 Batemans Bay NSW

Centrefire 500 metre Heavy Gun

Total Score 283.06 Les Fraser 29/10/2011 Batemans Bay NSW
Single Target Score 59.03 Paul Deehan 23/08/2014 Wagga Wagga NSW
Small Group .873" Barry Tucker 24/09/2016 Canberra ACT

Centrefire 500 metre Light Gun

Total Score 276.02 Les Fraser 30/08/2015 Wagga Wagga NSW
Single Target Score 60.00 Grant Groves 30/04/2017 Eagle Park Vic
Small Group .598" Anthony Hall 27/08/2016 Wagga Wagga NSW

Re: My best target thread ?

max coady
This is the latest record list , the date under the heading should be 1803.
Max

       S.S.A.A. National Benchrest Records ( Fly )
                                1803

Rimfire 200 Yds

Total Score 273.04 Keegan Mc Grann 26/06/2016 Batemans Bay NSW
Single Target Score 59.01 Brad Gooley 13/03/2016 Canberra NSW
Single Target Score 60.01 John Lavaring 11/03/2018 Canberra ACT
Smallest Group .934" John Lavaring 11/03/2018 Canberra ACT

Centrefire 500 metre Heavy Gun

Total Score 283.06 Les Fraser 29/10/2011 Batemans Bay NSW
Single Target Score 59.03 Paul Deehan 23/08/2014 Wagga Wagga NSW
Small Group .873" Barry Tucker 24/09/2016 Canberra ACT

Centrefire 500 metre Light Gun

Total Score 276.02 Les Fraser 30/08/2015 Wagga Wagga NSW
Single Target Score 60.00 Grant Groves 30/04/2017 Eagle Park Vic
Small Group .598" Anthony Hall 27/08/2016 Wagga Wagga NSW

Re: My best target thread ?

Stuart Pethy
Peter now you can put Judy's target up .. family affair now haha

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
I certainly will Stuart and you'll have to post yours. Everyone will want to see it. And here it is. My wife who has never shot the fly shoot, infact who has only shot once before in her life decided she would join us on day 3 for the 200yd rimfire to make it a real family affair. On her 2nd target she shot a 58.2 breaking the existing state record. I think Stella and I were more excited than Jude Walther KK300 Action Lilja Barrel Hoehn Tuner Jewel Trigger Built by Luke at ProCal Eley Match And she got 6 flies :D

Re: My best target thread ?

Stuart Pethy
ok mate here it is

HG Pending record target 60.02 and group

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
That's unreal Stuart, I'll have to put a picture of your target on the front page with the other national records. You forgot to mention you are the first person to earn the new "Screamer Patch" too. You'll have to post a picture of the patch when you get it so we can see what we are missing out on :(

Here is a target I shot at the  NSW  State titles in June 2017.  Not quiet as good as yours but not too shabby either.

Savage 12 Benchrest
6BR  Maddco barrel
107 SMK 30.1 2208
Jump 25 thou