training weekend proposal

Hi shooters would there be enough interest in hosting a training weekend before the next federal cup. I have spoken with Anthony and i am sure that Batemans bay would host this, instead of one person presenting a topic this would be shared by a number of shooters who are at the top of the game at present.

I think it would help to lift the bar of shooters in this sport. I guess it would have a lot of personal information in it which i think would benefit everyone. There has not been a shoot i havn't learnt something worth while.

If it goes well then perhaps we may ask to see if Wagga, Canberra or Victoria want to do it to. With the scores lifting all the time i think that the records will fall again soon. I don't see why a 290 score is not possible. Our gear is getting better all the time and with new bullets barrels and actions i think that the sky will be the limit in years to come.

your thoughts please

Re: training weekend proposal

chappo (Greg Chapman)
Les,
I think its a great idea. the trick will be getting a few "really good" shooters to the venue to provide mentoring or coaching.

I am happy to open Wagga range and be an RO for one of these sessions. I would like all the help I could get as my shooting has been poor for nealy 12 months now.

I would suggest not the weekend before a major shoot but rather a 3 or 4 weeks before a shoot would be good.

Just my two cents

cheers
Chappo
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: training weekend proposal

jacko/A bending
hi lez ,i would love to help,any area u need my imput,loading ,set up, wot ever, cheers jacko

Re: training weekend proposal

Hi all i would like to get some feed back as to who would like to attend a weekend training session and information  sharing.

I have had some positive feedback from some shooters who would like to attend this sort of weekend but i would hope that we would have a reasonable roll up to make it worth while.

I think that one in Batemans bay and one in Wagga would be a great idea, i know Anthony is more than happy to have it at the bay and Chappo has said he would be the RO for Wagga to have one as well. The month i am thinking would be February at the Bay and a winter one for Wagga i guess it will be up to the respective clubs to fit it into their calendar.

your thoughts
Les

Re: training weekend proposal

Hi,

Yeah, no worries I would be happy to host one at the bay, we could probably even put an RO course on for those that may be interested.

Re: training weekend proposal

great mate work out a date and post it up please

topics
Case prep
reloading
wind reading
bench tech
flags
calibres for the fly
bullets barrels and twist rates
Match prep

Any other ideas welcome
Les

Re: training weekend proposal

Dave Purcell
Just my 2 cents worth but I would keep to the things that can only be done at the range ie

Case prep, reloading, calibres, bullets & barrel twists are all easily found on the net or discusse by email or phone.

Bench tech, flag reading and placement and mental preparation are more difficult to discuss online and lend themselves readily to range time.

Certainly cover the aspects if you like but a lot of that is opinion and personal preference as well (ie calibres, twist rates, bullets & barrels)

The time will pass quickly that day and you should work most on those things that need practicle time at the range.

Dave

Re: training weekend proposal

Hi mate do you have a date your club would consider for a coaching weekend
Les