red V

RATSHOT
Does the Red V  have a use , its over centre , off centre . and its pissed , not much good as an aiming mark in mirage either  (act target)

Re: red V

wow....
RATSHOT wrote
Does the Red V  have a use , its over centre , off centre . and its pissed , not much good as an aiming mark in mirage either  (act target)
I have never seen a pisssed red V on any of my targets :)

Re: red V

hi mate anything is an aiming mark it would not matter if the v was upside down, to define an aiming mark is to look for a hold point that corrolates to the wind and mirage conditions.

I will aim at nail holes edges of the paper and other peoples target as a hold off point.

The only true area that must be correct is the circle fo scoring rings and the fly.

cheers les

Re: red V

Pete van Meurs
The dreaded red V had some relevance apparently in the early days - possibly to do with the poor optics in use by many shooters. Of course these days it's more of a hindrance than a help as it will hide lost shots. Problem is that it is part of a registered target design that we are stuck with, so no use complaining. If it really freaks you out then set about discovering what the process is for getting it changed - more trouble than I could be bothered with, I just put up with it.
Pete

Re: red V

RATSHOT
Yes Pete on the weekend i was spotting for a bloke with a 6mm it was only at the wailling wall we could see them in that  Red V.