lets have a look at yours

john mc quire
   Hi All
                in a previous post the importance of  wind reading  has been hi-lighted
           to help many shooters decide on what flag design would be best for them  -
             How about we have some of the many and varied  wind flag and vane  designs
               displayed  on the forum  as photos or plans  of these  flags and probes
              a list of names of suppliers and their products would also help
                    show us yours
                 john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: lets have a look at yours

Pete van Meurs
Banned User
John,

Although I hate things with props spinning wildly in front I have shot  over them successfully when I had no other choice. Just shows you can adapt if need be. My personal choice will always be a combination of my 'Dual-vane' flags and my twitchy 'Squid-pole' flags.  Ultimately it does not matter so long as you have your own flags and become accustomed to them. As my 'Dual-vane' flags are no longer in production I would recommend the Barry Edgley type as they have a larger vane and slower prop than the Elliot version.

Pete

Re: lets have a look at yours

Michael Bell
Administrator
John,
This is a fairly typical set up as viewed from the shooters bench. I strongly suggest everyone have a good look at Anthony Halls extendable pole arrangement when next you see him. Whilst mine are ok when set up Anthony seems to be able to get his up in about half the time and he can go higher more easily.
Regards,
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: lets have a look at yours

Great photos mate very well done it gives a good indication of set up, over the shoot at the bay i think it would be a great way of demonstration if you took flags at wind that way people could estimate them and they may learn something
cheers Les