Who has stopped using moly powder

Tim  Pavey
Hi
Curious as to how many of you stopped using moly bullets and why?
Did non moly bullets require a reduction in load when you switched?
Thanks
Tim

Re: Who has stopped using moly powder

Michael Bell
Administrator
G'day Tim,
Yep..I stopped using Moly a while ago....just got sick of the process.
If I wanted to test another bullet I had to moly and ended up with heaps of unused moly coated pills that were of no value.

I watched plenty of shooters finish matches with non coated bullets and most didn't clean during the match, which was one of the primary reasons I coated so I thought that reason for mollying was no longer valid.

Moly and all other dry lubes do rob the rifle of pressure because of the reduced friction of bullet against barrel so all my rifles needed to be re-tuned with a reduced load, which was a bit of a pain but now that it's done it's all good.
In my 6 brx's I dropped the charge weight by about a full grain or more to achieve the same velocity....

Molly was supposed to increase the round count of barrels which was an attractive idea but I couldn't say if this was true or not!! If it is true then I can live with swapping barrels out a little earlier!

Belly
Michael Bell