Wagga Shoot

What a great weekend !!

Very well done to everyone at Wagga, first class facility and great bunch of people.

Will be back there for sure.

ps Thought I better beat Les to post a comment about it on his web site..... he is getting used to being beaten :)

Re: Wagga Shoot

yeh mate you did me that is for sure, the shoot the facilities and all the work that has gone into Wagga is a credit to Buttsy and the gang. Everyone had a fantastic time and flyshooters are the better for the experience. Thanks must also go to Jugsy and Pete who can put together stats and scores nearly as fast as we can shoot them. Thanks to the Range officer, butts crew catering guru's and most of all those of us who made the effort to get there. I must say it is a place where i think we could have more campers and turn it into a very social occassion. The Club house was wonderfull and i will definately be back next year.

As fly shooting grows in Australia i think that Wagga has a very good chance of becoming a premier event!!

Well done again to those who put this together........

Les

Re: Wagga Shoot

john mc quire
   looks like it was a great shoot
        how about some stats   and scores
         when is the next 500 fly at Wagga going to be held
            it will be another place for the wandering queenslander to visit
                                      john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Wagga Shoot

Pete van Meurs
Yes indeed the Wagga experience is not to be missed in future. Great range, great facilities and great people. The location is well centralised and enables easy travel time from Melbourne or Sydney and most of regional NSW and Victoria. Any competitor that travelled home directly after the match would have been home by 10.00PM at the latest. The format of 300mt on Saturday followed by 500mt on Sunday keeps most competitors in the loop for a crack at the two gun as witnessed this time around. Greg Chapman was able to offset a mediocre 300 score with his dominant 257 point light gun win at 500 to take the two-gun - well done Greg! Also interesting to note that the top 3 scores at 500 were all light guns. As nobody had any prior experience on this new range at 500 the scores, groups and individual high scoring targets were amazing. I predict that this venue will ultimately be home to most Fly shoot records. I am not saying it's an easy range but a bit more predictable than most. The mirage generated by the bare dirt between 300 and 500 was certainly an additional challenge but some excellent targets were shot 'blind'. I am looking forward to many more matches at Wagga. All those involved in establishing firstly the 300mt and now the 500mt range are to be congratulated on their hard work and their vision in advancing the fast growing sport of Fly shoots.

Pete

Re: Wagga Shoot

john mc quire
  Hi All Fly Shooters
                     Does anyone know when the next 500 m fly shoot  will be held at Wagga
                is it going to have a few shoots every year
                     it would be nice to see a list of fly shoots from all the ranges in all states
                a list of these shoots at the start of a shooting year would be great
                  and this forum is the perfect place for that list to be posted
                     i know that a lot of the fly shooters are starting to visit this site  to catch
                 up on the latest news and views of our sport
                                 john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Wagga Shoot

chappo (Greg Chapman)
G'day John.
Wagga hosts its official fly shoots in March and August. We will be having at least two club 500 shoots as well. Full calender has not been finalised yet.

I would love to see a full calender of fly shoots on this web page.

In the meantime check out Wagga SSAA website at www.ssaawagga.org.au. Our range calender is up on there, and next years will be up soon.

PS- Great website Les.

cheers
chappo555
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Wagga Shoot

Thanks chappo when you have the dates please send them to me and i will put it in the date section for everyone
cheers Les