Wagga 300m NIGHT Fly Shoot

chappo (Greg Chapman)
G'day to all,
Just to let everyone know that Wagga will be holding a NIGHTIME 300m fly shoot on Friday the 9th December.

To give you a quick overview, there will be a night time shoot in Dec, Jan and Feb. It will cost the normal range fee of $10.00 and an extra $5.00 will go into a prize pool. At the end of the three shoots the overall winner takes all the prize pool cash.

This is just to keep our eyes in over the competition break. It will be very informal and just for some fun. We have tested our lighting and its all good. BBQ prior to the shoot and the normal facilities available at Wagga. You can camp overnight if you like.

All competitors will be expected to assist with scoring and target changing duties.

Range will be open from about 4pm and shooting will commence once its dark (duh!!!). We are planning on a full 5 targets plus warmer but may shorten it if we get a lot of shooters. Of note once the warmer target is done with there are NO sighters during your record targets.

There is no need to pre nominate but if you are interested just let me know so I can estimate numbers for catering etc.

Cheers
Greg (AKA Chappo)
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Wagga 300m NIGHT Fly Shoot

Petevm
Great idea Chappo except for two things. Firstly it's Lee-Anne's birthday bash that night plus it's a bit out of the way for us. Oops, forgot to mention - twilight hours are generally associated with drinking and bull-shitting!!!
Pete

Re: Wagga 300m NIGHT Fly Shoot

john mc quire
Hello Chappo      Just one question  about your night shoot
                              do you get a bug and beetle  problem when you shoot under lights  on your outdoor range
                            I live in Mackay  and any night time shooting attracts the bugs by the millions
                       and many times a bug has been thought to be a bullet hole in the target   -- very frustrating  to say the least
                            but being in Wagga  you may not have that problem
                                   hope your shoot goes well
                                           john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Wagga 300m NIGHT Fly Shoot

Deehan
Does that mean i have to get the fly swat out of moth balls .  bloody  flies, or should we call a night shoot a Moth shoot  . Do you have patches on offer,  and is it a wind flag free zone.  cheers  Paul.

Re: Wagga 300m NIGHT Fly Shoot

chappo (Greg Chapman)
Patches are on offer.

You may put up windflags. How well you will see them is another matter as the lighting for the 300 frames will be positioned at 200m.

No monster bugs around at the moment, just a few mozzies and the normal little bugs.
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Wagga 300m NIGHT Fly Shoot

Deehan
Chappo are you running 2 classes eg  factory and custom or shoot what you bring..