Thoughts on brass??

stuart veal
Hello all,
I hope everyone is staying safe and keeping well.
Just after a general consensus regarding  brass, not interested in rechambering at the present time(Mrs will kill me)
Generally I have always used Lapua brass in all my rifles due to consistency and due to another recent acquisition that included LG & HG barrels in 6PPC I am now looking at getting some cases as I already have Redding dies sitting there waiting.
Since Lapua haven't made them for a while would I be better off to .....
1. Buy 100 cases of Lapua 220 Russian and fireform
2. As above but get hydroformed
3. Buy 100 cases of Norma in 6PPC
The reason I'm asking is because in the past I have heard some bad reviews regarding Norma brass splitting/separating after only 1  or 2 firings using only low to moderate loads
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Stuey

Re: Thoughts on brass??

chappo (Greg Chapman)
Im not as much into short range BR but i still think most of the winners are rnning 220 russion lapua cases for 6ppc. I have only ever tried norma in 6br and was not impressed. A load that was safe in a lap,case blew the arse out of thr primer pockets in norma brass.

Just my two cents.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Thoughts on brass??

Fred Blacker
Just check that Barrels and dies are both the same. Not one 6PPC and the other 6PPC USA. They are slightly different cases. (From memory they have a different body taper.) The Norma brass is 6PPC USA so would need to be fire formed anyway.

Re: Thoughts on brass??

stuart veal
Oh crap  I hadn't even thought about the differences between PPC & PPCUSA that you bought up Fred.
I just dug out my dies and they are indeed for the USA and I believe the rifle in question will be definitely PPC, oh well I will need to order some new dies in PPC