Thanks for website and forum

Nick Aagren
Administrator
G'day All

I met Les Fraser at the recent Nesika Cup where he mentioned this new website and forum. I've read many of the topics and thought I'd register and let you know I appreciate the information being offered even though I don't have a lot to contribute myself.

I'm new to target shooting having joined up at the beginning of this year with the great crew at Melbourne Bench Rest Club where Peter, Leanne and all the regulars have been very welcoming and helpful in getting me underway. Thanks also to Les for your friendly advice on my set up during the second day of the Nesika Cup meet. It was also good to meet the other shooters that came from interstate and I hope to travel to an interstate shoot(s) sometime.

I'm shooting a standard Tikka T3 6.5x55 which has a Geoff Slee bench rest stock on it. I got a Seb Neo Bench Rest and a Nightforce 12x42 which is great as I can now see my bullet holes at 500m. I've certainly got a way to go with experience and equipment upgrade however I was pleased with my improvement throughout the year. At the Nesika Cup 4 of my 25 shots missed the target, I finished in the back third however if  only 1 less had missed I could have been closer to mid field. One wind change cost me 3 shots on one target, that's the challenge of it and will keep me coming back to tackle the 500m fly.

Nick A

Re: Thanks for website and forum

Welcome Nick it is great to see you here please post what ever you like as far as questions or thoughts to help you improve in fly shooting. Fly shooters are becoming a real family and if we keep it positive and relative to the fly shooting sport we will surely grow in numbers.

I have put up a post about the books i have in my  library you may want to check them out. You seem very keen to shoot the fly and i am sure that Pete and leanne will help you out alot. and you have great competitors in MBC to challenge you every time you shoot the match.

I really wish you well in your ventures with shooting the fly
all the very best Les