Target Supplier

Fred Blacker
Gday, all.
Wondering if those responsible for ordering targets at there clubs could give me an idea of where they get them from.
Swan printing in WA seem ridiculously expensive.
Cheers
Fred Blacker

Re: Target Supplier

Dave Groves
Hi Fred,
               While the targets from WA represent a significant cost, the price does guarantee conformity with the rules from a match perspective.

I used to coordinate target purchases here in Canberra for several clubs, but the last time we purchased targets the local suppliers weren’t very much cheaper and couldn’t guarantee good target card.

Next time the Clubs do a combined purchase we will get you involved.

Let’s speak about it with the other Club representatives next time we are all together.

Dave.

Re: Target Supplier

David Dundas
Hi Fred

I have seen a number of cheap copies of the Fly targets over the years, many of these are copies made from the original by a local  Quick Copy shop or Printer, as they are just copies the target dimensions are not  accurate. Also they are usual just printed up on what is called "Craft" paper and not the proper "Target" grade material. I have been told that these knockoffs are in breach of  Copywrite and you would have seen these while at Silverdale. Costs for black on white on craft paper are around 35c per card and fine for practise on the farm or unregistered matches at your local range if just shooting for shits and giggles - All I shoot most of the time!
I believe that company in WA ships very large quantities to the eastern states, if you get in on that order then it helps to keep cost per target and shipping costs down.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Dave

Re: Target Supplier

Michael Bell
Administrator
Hi Fred,
If your enquiry is for personal use to practise with I have scanned a "Fly" target, enhanced it somewhat in photoshop and saved the digital file. If I want I just print out a handfull of targets to practise with when required.
The actual target area is full size but printed on A4 paper in black & white....meaning a lot of the surrounds of the target are missing.
I also have a c0py of the Wagga 300 meter Fly target treated in a similar fashion but reduced in size to increase the degree of difficulty when developing loads at 300 meters.
I can email them to you if you wish.

Regards,
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: Target Supplier

john mc quire
Hello Michael   sounds like you have done some good work on those targets
                  like you said they are great for practice and load development
            could you send me a copy of your files please
                   to  johnmcq@optusnet.com.au
             thanks a lot
                      john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Target Supplier

Fred Blacker
Hi all. Thanks for everyone who has provided feed back.
I feel like i should add some more info here. I am currently chasing a target supplier to provude targets for the new range that is being built. Adventually we will  be after fly targets and many other much targets, but for now we are just after a more local (nsw based) supplier for general targets on the range, for public to site in rifles, ect.