Silverdale Rimfire Fly Shoot Results - May 13th

Silverdale Rimfire Fly Shoot Results - May 13th

David Dundas
All

We woke to think fog across western Sydney on Saturday and I thought we might see some really high scores, but unfortunately by 9am the breeze had come up a bit and it made things more testing.

We had another great turn-up with 11 starters and one new Fly shooter by the name of Blake Simpson, he doubled up on a rifle and shot the best of any new comer I have ever seen – Well done Blake!

Keegan McGrann was back on the range after successfully defending his Junior title at the Nationals in Melbourne last month and had the best card of the day (59.2) and best group which was just over an inch on the old scale – Keep up the good work Keegan!
Ed McGrann and John Gilbert both shot the most Flies with 4 each which was excellent in the choppy conditions, overall the scores were very close for the top nine shooters - see scores below.

Results

1st Dave Dundas 264.3
2nd Keegan McGrann Jr 260.3
3rd John Gilbert 255.4
4th Ed McGrann 250.4
5th Lee McGrann 248.2
6th Blake Simpson 248.0
7th Glen Aarsen 247.1
8th John Harris 242.2
9th Keith Dowell 241.0
10th Sue Dowell 213.0
11th Dave Zucconi 201.1

As next month will be a long weekend our next shoot at Silverdale will be on the 8th July.

Of course the State titles will be held on the weekend of the 24\25th June and a number of the shooters will be heading down to Batemans Bay again this year, wishing them all the best for the trip south.

Regards

Dave Dundas

Re: Silverdale Rimfire Fly Shoot Results - May 13th

John 23 Harris
Thanks again for a great days shooting.

I had a great day shooting two of my best groups .
Shooting 2 poor targets didn't bring me down unlike my score.

Armed with 6 Brt flags next match and hope this investment gives me a extra 30 points every match lol

Thanks again !

Re: Silverdale Rimfire Fly Shoot Results - May 13th

David Dundas
Thanks John

The conditions were very light and the light breeze could not make  up its mind which way it wanted to go. I saw you shoot one card and you waited for your condition and the result was a good one, keep that up and don't rush your shooting. Most of the shooters were finishing in less then 3 mins so a better condition may have come shooters way after they have shot their card.
There were many scores above 240 so very impressive shooting, just got  to have one average card and you drop 5 places  or more.
I am thinking of getting a little trophy for the winners to pass onto each other each month. ie Last months winner presents it to  this month winner - What do you think?
I will be at the Trophy shop on Friday and will take a look. It could be an ugly looking toilet seat trophy like the A league have, might be funny!

Of course no good if last month shooter fails to show up!

Dave