Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

Andy Prowse
Evening all,

I must appologise for the short notice. I have been waiting on my local printers to finish the Mudgee Fly targets.
I have been assured they will happen this comming week. I do not normally say I will do something without actually haveing all the material on hand but there will be  a Fly shoot at Windamere Regional Shooting Complex in October this year.

I do realise this is very late notice & do understand if no one attends ;-)

I will try & upload the "flyer" in pdf.

Shoot dates are Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th October 2017.

OctFly-Flyer2017-ver2.pdf

Hopefully this displays correctly, if not I got it wrong!

I may have to edit this after posting....................Andy

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

Andy Prowse
I did try & run this past some others who claim to have actually shot Fly but met the "wall" = basicly could not be bothered to discuss options in a robust manner & just swim in their own "warm pool", at this time. I attempted to actually trust people to have a discussion & they did not respond in kind. I do still have a slab of the 200m black & white rimfire from 25+years back, if we need them.

Previously this weekend was going to start about 2pm but I managed to get the Saturday morning of 14/10/17 free & will hopefully get the gate open by 9.30-10am, so we can set up & discuss the format of the shoot in detail.

As mentioned earlier, I will fully understand if regulars cannot attend due to "other commitments" and or the short notice.

I have not been on here much or at all for some time due to my wife's medical problems, as this seems to be settled down for now, I am at liberty to "go and shoot innocent bits of paper" again

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

John 23 Harris
Sounds like a great opportunity to try a new range .

Although the possibility of shooting half a match concerns me a little considering the drive up there .

I will be watching the match format closely and hope to get up there for a weekend

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

Rod Davies
While I cant get to this shoot in October I certainly hope you intend to run a few fly shoots through 2018.

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

Andy Prowse
The "half a match" is a bum covering item. Just suppose all who turned up were 300 custom/factory & no rimmies. According to the flyer we would still have to leave half a range available for the "late attendee" rimmies or visa versa.

I hope & intend to conduct five targets for each rimmies and 300 custom/factory (or what ever you care to bring if it fits the danger template). No .50BMG, .338lap, or anything made from said cases, etc. While we do have a 4.5km danger zone & 500m wings on range 2 (for Big Game Rifle), we should not be shootin trucks on the hill behind the range! Questions will be asked.

I have the availbility of nine 200yd targets (on the left side) and probably eight or more 300m target positions on the right side, may have to juggle benchs/details so al the shots end up in the stop.

On the day it will be the shooters assisting with targets and scoring, we do not have paid staff.

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

Hi Andy Alison and I are coming over to the shoot depending on work but at this stage i will be shooting all events.

talk soon Les

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

hello Andy sorry i can't get there at this stage due to a family matter. If i can get there on Sunday i will make sure i let you know

cheers Les

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

Andy Prowse
No worries Les.
Apart from maybe two locals who whould be there anyway, you were it from "the away team"who indicated possible attendance.

I will try for something 2018 once I know the state/national Fly calendar. It will not be 'short notice'.

I will be at the range both days, jut not so early on the Saturday and have some other items to resolve on Sunday.
We have to submit for grants to have internet for the new FALCON system (range attendance) from Firearms Registry. So part of Sunday will involve (with my local branch President), sorting out a "hill" for the repeater to feed WIFI to all five ranges.

thanks,
Andy

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

Again Andy sorry i couldn't attend last year was a blast and truly a great weekend. Perhaps we can look at your calendar and get a regular weekend to have this happen with some major participation from the fly community.

cheers Les

Re: Short notice Mudgee - Wwindamere Fly

John 23 Harris
What were the results of the match ?

How did the meet go?