Securing Rifles to vehicles

David Dundas
All

Could anyone tell me what people use to secure their rifles to their vehicles?
Having upto 4 guns in a sedan at times I have struggled with space so have been storing the rifles in soft bags, I know it not the best but the hard cases leave me little or no room for luggage etc.
As I will be travelling with rifles for a number of days, I want to secure them better and would like to know what is used, it might be a combination of things including trigger locks as well as other methods.

Thanks

Dave Dundas

Re: Securing Rifles to vehicles

Dave Groves
G'day Dave,
                      One method I use with soft bags is cable bike locks, you can get "uncoiled"/"straight" ones which you can feed through the boltway and out the loading port, then feed the tail back through the eye as per the attached photo. The other end hangs out the zip of the soft bag and can be ganged together with several more to another cable looped through a solid spot in the car.

It's a tight fit through a rim fire action but you can do it.

Cheers

Dave Groves

Re: Securing Rifles to vehicles

David Dundas
Thanks Dave

I like the idea of ganging them together. I was at a top bike shop here in Sydney recently and they had some very impressive locks.
I remember having a SKI  lock year ago for securing your ski gear while in at the Bar, but it too long ago to remember how secure they were. I recall it had a plastic coated wire which would have been hard to break\cut while on the slopes, the wire would be very easy to fit thru the action but not much good if it can be cut with pliers or knife.

Anyone else pls chip in, also what would you secure to in a sedan boot. ie spare wheel maybe?

Has anyone used trigger locks?

Thanks

Dave