Searching for topics.

Please put up some shooting topics for discussion. There appears to be the same people posting all the time, this is not our attempt to shadow the forum but to simply stimulate conversation here. So don't be shy and posts some shooting topics for other shooters to read and comment.

cheers Les

Re: Searching for topics.

Peter Merriman
Hi Les

Being new to this community and having the intention of travelling to different shoots I would like to get some idea of what to expect at the different ranges.

Are there Tips and Tricks for shooting at different ranges or little pieces of very valuable information that might give new shooters some idea as what to expect when turning up to the range?

For example i have heard on the grape vine that at Batemnas Bay from the bench the targets are almost down hill (that could be over stating it) thus i should make sure I come prepared with my front rest and rear bag able to handle that sort of condition.
Plus that at the same range there is water that we will be shooting over (no idea if that one is true).

Anyway just a thought.

Peter

Re: Searching for topics.

Hi Peter ok
ranges
Little River in Victoria fantastic back drop up hill slightly but blows like no tomorrow  very very windy.

Batemans Bay is down hill you will need to space your rear back up and make sure that your rifle stop for the fore end works properly. We do shoot over a Dam when it has water in it Mirage on a Hot day does play a part in the condition reading.

Wagga up hill shooting and no flags past the 300m mound so very difficult to read conditions. The club house and facilities are great for a weekend away very nice club.

Canberra slightly up hill you will need high  poles for your flags in the middle to end of the range. Target frames are set into the hill side and on a hot day does present lots and lots of mirage.

Belmont in Brisbane baffled range and up hill steep the targets are below the splash plates so elevation becomes a problem to get used to.

All ranges have their own idiosyncrasy's you will learn every time you attend a match after awhile you will develop a dialogue on each of them I right my elevations down and use this data pre match just to get in the ball park.

One more thing big coats at little river it gets very cold.

hope this helps others will no doubt provide their views for you

cheers Les