Rimfire Fly Shoot Results - Silverdale July

Rimfire Fly Shoot Results - Silverdale July

David Dundas
All

A very cold zero degrees was on the temp gauge on the way to the range but lucky for us it was a little warmer at 4C at Silverdale with very still conditions so it did not feel cold at all. The conditions early were ideal for some high scores but the wind came up after about an hour of shooting and was enough to see you bullet outside the scoring rings for some. New Fly shooter Blake Simpson shot his first Fly and went on to bag 3 of them so well done Blake. Richard Paine shot a personal best score and finished 3rd while John Harris shot 5 Flies which was his best as well. Ed McGrann shot a near perfect 60.3 with a group of around 0.970 inches which would be a SSAA Ruby award for the sub 1 inch group at 200 yards and finished with 8 Flies – That is some great shooting, well done Ed.
See Ed’s group attached as its certainly up there with the best we have ever seen.

The scores were so close up the top we had no idea until the last scores were tallied and I just piped Ed on the last card, details below.

Scores
1st David Dundas         278.3
2nd ED McGrann         277.8
3rd Richard Paine        239.2
4th John Harris             236.5
5th Blake Simpson       222.3

Our next Fly shoot at Silverdale with be on the 12th August so be sure to get along if you feel like shooting some Flies.

If your into the “BIG GUNS” then there is now a Big Game shoot being held, this was also held last Saturday and the noise from the big guns sounded like bombs going off at the other end of the range and many shooters went up to take a look at what was going on – Speak to Andy at the range if you want more details.

Reminder – Mudgee is having a dual range Fly shoot on Sunday 15th October, see calendar below.
http://www.ssaamudgee.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=117

Hope to see you on the range,

Dave

Re: Rimfire Fly Shoot Results - Silverdale July

David Dundas
Here  is Ed's Group which is under the 1 inch.