Rimfire 200yd Fly SOTY 2018

Nick Aagren
Administrator
After discussion between the Match Directors conducting RF 200yd Fly we have agreed to run a RF SOTY award.

To qualify, a shooter must attend at least 3 of the 4 RF 200yd Fly registered matches on the 2018 calendar, Canberra, Wagga, Little River and Batemans Bay.

Points will be calculated the same as for  the 500m Fly and the RF SOTY, along with a keeper cup, will be awarded to the shooter with the highest point tally, being their best points scores from 3 0f the 4 RF 200yd matches.

Nick Aagren

Re: Rimfire 200yd Fly SOTY 2018

Dave Groves
Hi Nick, thanks for making the suggestion that we recognise the SOTY for Rimfire as well. It’s a great idea to kick it off straight away.

Thanks also for the work you put in to compiling the SOTY results and other statistics for the discipline, much appreciated.

Dave Groves

Re: Rimfire 200yd Fly SOTY 2018

Nick Aagren
Administrator
Thanks Dave

After a bit more discussion the RF SOTY qualification has been revised to best 3 results from any 3 registered RF matches.

Attend 3 different ranges, 3 best results.

Nick Aagren

Re: Rimfire 200yd Fly SOTY 2018

Stuart Pethy
Hi Nick
does that include the nationals for the guys heading over to WA being counted as one of those registered matches ?

Re: Rimfire 200yd Fly SOTY 2018

Hi Stuart,

Yes, I believe that is the intention.  Assuming that the range is properly approved for registered Fly matches and certified for 200 yard rimfire, it will quality.  To my knowledge that would allow Wagga Wagga, Little River, Batemans Bay, Canberra and Perth to run SOTY matches if they wish to.

Silverdale could also apply to run one if the wish, as could Brisbane.

Kind regards,

Re: Rimfire 200yd Fly SOTY 2018

Stuart Pethy
thanks Anthony
and yeah our range has been certified

Re: Rimfire 200yd Fly SOTY 2018

john mc quire
Hello Anthony    you can add Mackay to the list of fly ranges  that comply with the standards needed to run SOTY  shoots
   we have both 500m and 200yd ranges that have been surveyed and comply to the rules
                                          john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT