Reviewing this website content

Hi all i would like to ask shooters who have used this site what they would like to see on here, Anthony and I have some thoughts and would like some open comment about how you see the site and what direction it should be taking.

If enough people post similar comments then we will review it and see what happens. We are looking to put 5min with Belly up as a feature shortly and we hope that folks see the value in it.

Cheers Les

Re: Reviewing this website content

Nick Aagren
Administrator
Hi Les

Info from the experienced, top scoring shooters, eg the interview with Belly.  How they got there, how they stay there? Practice sessions and what they involve, sounds like not many shoot weekly at 500m for practice. This type of info is helpful for new shooters and those already shooting and wanting to improve.

Results from matches, records, info on upcoming matches.

Cheers

Nick

Re: Reviewing this website content

thanks Nick for the reply I will try and get as much of this up for you as soon as I can. I know Belly has interviewed Pete Van muers and Stuart Elliot which is fantastic and I am sure all will enjoy.

I think that shooting well comes with consistently applying the same amount of enthusiasm to each event as you can. I think from my perspective your recent achievements have come from hard work and being "passionate" about the sport of fly shooting.

There isn't a day go by that I don't think of ways to get an edge over the other shooters at competitions but I am very mindful that fellow shooters hopefully see me as their friend not their enemy. Over the years I have been involved in a lot of shooting sports, pistols, small bore, big bore, air rifle, clay target and they all have held a passion for me at one stage or another.

To be able to win you have to let yourself win, lots of shooters allow the what if and the why can't I, creep into their shooting when in fact you should be thinking if I try harder I will be rewarded for my efforts. At every opportunity you should be trying to improve. I remember talking to you Nick some years ago about your rifle and building a comp set up and now you have it and you are on your way to a win in the 500m class. Be positive set yourself goals that are achievable whilst being passionate about your sport.

At little river you assisted with the shoot and come away with a great result and you should be proud of this achievement.

There are so many shooters in the fly shooting fraternity that can win a match but a lot talk them self out of wining by looking at the score board before the day is done. It is never over till the last target is fired........

cheers Les