Resumption of Shooting

Hi all as i don't get to the net much anymore what is happening with clubs and Covid 19 when does shooting resume
cheers Les

Re: Resumption of Shooting

David Dundas
Hi Les,

I will be keen to see any plans that might be put in place for any ranges.

From what I can tell there are 2 groups of shooters, one group wants things back to normal immediately and the other are saying the wont come out to play for months. Fair enough as you have to look after you and your family as they are the number one priority, but I would love to get to the range just to catch up with everyone.

Cheers

Dave

Re: Resumption of Shooting

Hi All,

Everyone is keen to get back to shooting, and other "normality" things, and we are very close.

Outdoor Ranges are now allowed to open, but have strict guidelines imposed.  In NSW it is currently no more than ten people on the range (2 range officers and 8 shooters), no state or national competition, no try out shooters and at least 1.5m separation at all times.

Advice is that numbers will increase from 1st June, but no organised competition will be allowed for some time.

I can see us getting back to working bees (Batemans Bay), practice, sighting in and local competition soon, but registered matches may be a couple more months at least.

We expect an update from SSAA early next month once new guidelines are all in place.