Results from Wagga Fly

chappo (Greg Chapman)
This post was updated on .
Well once again another fly shoot is done and dusted. We had 57 entries for Saturday and there was some fierce competion and some rather interesting conditions  for Wagga.
In Light Gun Grant Groves prevailed with a score 251.01 from Les Fraser with 243.03 and Tim Pavey with a 242.03
Peter VM grabbed small group with a 1.507 and Les Fraser grabbed High Target with a 57.02.

In Heavy Gun yours truly was up there until Dave Groves showed me how to really steer a heavy gun to claim the win with a. 263.04 from me on 252.04 and Tyson Trotter on 250.03 Small group went to Nick Aagren with 1-752 and High target to Rob Halloran with a 57.01.

It was great to see a few juniors fight it out with Ryan Hall taking the top step of the podium with a 198.01 from William Bailey on 192 and Callum Groves with a 172.

Dave Groves was the outright winner for Saturday with his dominant score of 263.04

From all reports there was gentlemen who camped at the range called "Amok" and some of those camping decided to run around with him  !!

Sunday saw some truly Canberra like wind for the first ever Registered 200m Rimfire Fly at Wagga. Plenty of competitors used all of their targets surface area and some even beyond that.

Barry Wild took the win with a 234.03 from Tyson Trotter on 232.05 and Ryan Hall (Junior) on 232.02. Small group was Tyson Trotter with a 1.481 and Les Fraser took highest target with a 57.

In Factory class Rob Valeri took out first place with. A 145, he also took out small group and High Target.

The top three two day aggregate winners were Dave Groves with a combined score of 484.06 taking frst place, and winning a Maddco Barrel supplied by our sponser Pro Cal, from Tyson Trotter on 482.08 in 2nd and Nick Aagren with a 465.08 in 3rd place.

The winner of the lucky door prize who took home another Maddco Barrel was John Butts.

I would like to thank our target crew, caterers and all of those who work behind the scenes to make these events run. Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all the shooters who make these events so enjoyable.

Cheers
Chappo
Clean_Results_Wagga_Fly_March_2018.xlsx
Clean_Results_Wagga_Fly_March_2018.xls

"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Results from Wagga Fly

Thanks Chappo,

It was a great weekend and a very enjoyable event, as it always is at Wagga.

It might be wise if you post the results in .xls as well, a lot of people on windows PC's won't be able to open the file you posted as for some reason browsers recognise .xlxs files as HTML and try and open them as a web page.....

Those on devices or Mac will probably have no problems with either file.

Well done to Dave Groves, Grant Groves & Barry Wild for their respective wins and to all the other competitors for the excellent competition.

Cheers,

Re: Results from Wagga Fly

chappo (Greg Chapman)
Good point Anthony. Have included it in .xls format in the original post.
Chees
Greg
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen