Results for today at Batemans Bay

Hi,

What a great day of competition....... given that we had over 300mm (12 inches) of rain and gale force winds in the day before the shoot..... and that there was snow blocking the roads around goulburn and the blue mountains..... it turned out to be a great day !!

We had it all..... sunshine, a light shower of rain..... more sunshine to really bring out the mirage !! choppy breezes on some details and boiling mirage on others..... Certainly no walk in the park !!

Unfortunately, there were quite a lot of no shows today, but those that came saw some good results !!  There were 32 total entries for the day from 22 individuals, with 13 heavy guns and 19 Light guns on the line.

Well done to Belly not only for the win, but some amazing results - 58.04 best target (that's a first time in history I think for 4 flies on one target), and a new range record (by one thou !!) light gun small group of 1.219 !! and also the first ever that we know of 7 flies in a match !!

Well done to Dave Groves for a great win in Heavy Gun !!

I will post full results when they are done up, but here is a snap shot of today

Overall Placings

1st Place Michael Bell 271.07
2nd Place Anthony Hall 242.04
3rd Place Dave Groves 226.01

Heavy Gun

1st Place Dave Groves 226.01
2nd Place Glen Seaman 224.02
3rd Place Les Fraser 218.06
Small Group Glen Seaman 2.157
Best target                    Glen Seaman 57.02

Light Gun

1st Place Michael Bell 271.07
2nd Place Anthony Hall 242.04
3rd Place Mick Easton 213.02
Small Group Michael Bell 1.219
Best Target Michael Bell 58.04

Best placed Junior Tori Colls with 136.

Cheers & Well done to the winners !!

Re: Results for today at Batemans Bay

Thanks Anthony for a great weekend, i would hope that people really appreciate the work that you have put into this event. The prizes overall were first class and something a little different which is a credit to you thinking a little out of the square.

I would hope that the Nominees who didn't show up or call realise they have missed a great event, and i truly hope that the Batemans Bay club were not out of pocket for the weekend. The food facilities and the event should not be missed.

Hope to see you all at Little River in a few weeks time

cheers and good shooting to all
Les

Re: Results for today at Batemans Bay

Dave Purcell
Well done again Belly you are on fire, keep up the good work.
Groves wins HG .... amazing what you can do when you only have to shoot isnt Dave .. well done and well deserved.
To all those who did trun upwell done and I hope you had a good weekend. I'm sure Anthony and the Batemans Bay club members did all they could to make the shoot enjoyable for all.

Re: Results for today at Batemans Bay

Dave Groves
G'day Rinso,
                       Thanks mate, yeah, it makes all the difference when I'm not running around like a blue tailed fly!!

Another pleasurable experience shooting at Batemans Bay SSAA range, an exceptionally smoothly run event, compliments to Anthony and all the volunteers that made it happen.

Cheers.
Dave.