Results Wagga Fly (NSW State Titles

chappo (Greg Chapman)
What a weekend !!
The NSW Fly State Titles have been run and won in Wagga over the weekend.
Saturday saw some interesting but manageable conditions.

Light Gun was won by Les Fraser with a 262.05, 2nd was Grant Groves with a 261.03 and 3rd was Ken Perrin with a 261.01.  Barry Tucker took out small group and earned a screamer patch with a 1.240. High Target was grant Groves with a 58.02.

In Heavy gun Vince Vaina was victorious with a 268.06, Greg Chapman in 2nd with a 260.04 and Grant Groves in 3rd with a 256.03. Small Group was won by Greg Chapman with a 1.413 and High Target was Grant Groves with a 57.01.

William Bailey took out the Junior medal with a 223.01.

Sunday started with some rain and developed into some quite tricky conditions which lead to some unexplained vertical shots for 200 rimfire.

Mark Anstee took out the honours with a 260.04, followed by David Brett with a 252.04 and 3rd was Edward McGrann with a 251.04. (3rd place needed a countback to break a tie.

Small Group was won by Peter Van Meurs with a 1.439. Edward McGrann won High Target with a 58.01.

Junior winner was Keegan McGrann with a 238.03.

Overall two day winner, and winner of the Maddco Barrel was Vince Vaina with a combined score of 519.10. 2nd was Ken Perrin with a 503.04 and 3rd was Grant Groves with a 500.07.

Ken Perrin won the lucky door prize of 4kg of 2208 and Authur Robinson won the $100 Bunnings Vouchers.

Thanks to everyone who made the shoot possible. It was a great weekend.

Cheers
Chappo

RESULTS_ONLY_2019_NSW_State_Fly_Championships_Wagga_march_2019.xlsx

"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Results Wagga Fly (NSW State Titles

David Dundas
All

Congratulations to all those  winners, very tricky conditions on both days.
Thanks for the Wagga club for hosting such a good event, so many helpers that made it a great day. We had plenty of great food from the BBQ which was running all weekend, the RO's and target crew did such a great job as well as those helping out in the kitchen. The scorers did an excellent job so  and had the scores posted very quickly which got us all away early on Sunday. It was my first time to Wagga but I look forward to comming back to shoot again soon.
All the Fly shooters are such a good bunch it makes it enjoyable to be part of the event and would not of wished to be anywhere else.

Thankyou,

Dave Dundas

Re: Results Wagga Fly (NSW State Titles

Michael Bell
Administrator
Yes Chappo,
 It was great weekend indeed & well said David.

 There were some really fantastic scores posted with 12 shooters scoring over 250..... 5 of these topped the 260 mark in the centre fire & 3 shooters in the Sunday rimfire scored +250 with Mark Anstee cleaning up by scoring +260......fantastic!

Got to hand it too Vince (I'm in meat mate!) Vaina who blasted his big win mag to an unbeatable 268 with 6. He then backed it up by  posting a +250 on the Sunday. The Italian Stallion is in fine form for sure!

Well done to the club for the organising & also for the improvements to their infrastructure which will be fantastic when completed.

All the Best,
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: Results Wagga Fly (NSW State Titles

Vince V
What a well run shoot all the committee and management did on this prestigious event !

Great atmosphere and very kind weather as well !

Until next time !

Re: Results Wagga Fly (NSW State Titles

Vince V
Grazie Michael , for yr kind words .

As I have said previously, it’s the shooters and the team that run a great shoot as such , that make it a fun event!

Until we (meat ) again at the range !

V.  V.

Re: Results Wagga Fly (NSW State Titles

David Dundas
Hi Vince

I have never seen you smile to much as last weekend, great to see you enjoying your shooting and doing so well. Glad you picked up a Rimfire and doing so well with the new rifle.

Cheers

Dave