Results Blue Heeler classic 2022-wagga

chappo (Greg Chapman)
After a two year forced hiatus the Blue Heeler Classic 500 and Bee Dee Bags 300 has finally been run again.

We had 119 entries across the two days which was fantastic.

Saturday proved to be interesting. After a late start due to a few stragglers we finally got under way at about 9.10am. The conditions started fine but mirage quickly became an issue with a few very twitchy wind conditions thrown in for good measure.

Light Gun

1stPeter Cross with a 276.03. This set a new Wagga range record and a new National Light gun record.

2nd  Vince Vaina with 274.06

3rd  Mark Anstee with a 260.03.

Small group was won by Nick Aagren with a 0.957

High target was won by Kathy Dudas with a 58.01.

Heavy Gun

1st  Matty Riches with a 279.04. This set a new range record for Heavy gun at Wagga.

2nd  Nick Aagran with a 272.08

3rd  Peter Cross with a 263.02

Small group was won by Mark Anstee with a 1.559

High Target was won by Matty Riches with a 57.01.

Junior was won by Eli Groves with a 251.05

The overall winner of Saturday Blue Heeler Classic and the winner of a Maddco barrel was Matty Riches.

Sunday saw a very cool morning but some generally readable conditions. 300 was hotly contested in Custom class and even a 57 target would put you out of the points.

Custom Class

1st  Matty Riches with a 296.17 (Yes 17 flys from 25 shots!!!!)

2nd Nick Aagren with a 295.14

3rd Eli Groves with a 294.11

Small Group was won by Matty Riches with a 0.703

High Target was won by Tim Pavey with a pretty hard to beat 60.05

Factory Class

1st Fred Blacker with a 279.03

2nd Greg Chapman with a 267.07

3rd Matty Riches with a 267.05

Small Group was won by Fred Blacker with a 1.450

High Target was won by Fred Blacker with a 59.01

Junior was wone by Eli Groves with a 294.11

The overall winner of the Bee Dee Bags 300 was Matty Riches who won a Bartlein Barrel proudly supplied by Bee Dee Bags.

The two day event overall winners were

1st Matty Riches with a 575.21 Winning a custom engraved marble clock

2nd Nick Agren with a 567.22 winning 1000 Remington Bench Rest Primers proudly donated by the Blue Heeler Himself.

3rd Vince Vaina with a 566.14 winning a custom Billet tray ammo block proudly supplied by Workhorse Tooling.

The overall Junior Winner was Eli Groves with a 545.16 winning a custom Billet tray ammo block proudly supplied by Workhorse Tooling.

Winner of the 4kg of ADI 2208 was Chis Cowell.

Winner of the $100 Bunnings Voucher was Neil Russell. This is only eligible to our non-shooting volunteers who kept the weekend running flawlessly.

The Wagga SSAA club would like to thank all the competitors for making the journey and for their professional way they all conducted themselves. A huge thanks to our Volunteers who spent the last two weeks getting our range and facilities organised and for their tireless efforts over the weekend .

Brent McKee our senior Vice President took a number of photos over the weekend. If you would like a copy of them please email him at bcmkee7@gmail.com

Thanks everyone and we will see you back for the Nationals in August.
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen