Reminder: pre noms for wagga cash shoot by 13th July

Reminder: pre noms for wagga cash shoot by 13th July

chappo (Greg Chapman)
Hi all,
Just a reminder that pre nominations and payments for the Wagga Prize cash shoot are due by the 13th of July. Limited to the first 48 entries.

See my original post for more info.

Hope to see you all at Wagga on the 27th July for your chance to win some cash.

wagga_prize_shoot_flyer2.doc

cheers
Chappo
AKA Greg
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Reminder: pre noms for wagga cash shoot by 13th July

How is the numbers looking chappo did you get the 48 for the shoot? Hope it all works out very well for you and the club
cheers les

Re: Reminder: pre noms for wagga cash shoot by 13th July

let us know how the shoot went chappo i am sure it was a success
cheers Les

Re: Reminder: pre noms for wagga cash shoot by 13th July

chappo (Greg Chapman)
G'day Les, thanks for the inquiry. had a reply typed up but laptop crashed.

We only had 14 shooters which was a bit of a shame but we ran with what we had. The 15 shot string in 10 minutes at 300 was quite interesting as you couldnt get all your shots off without a condition change so a few different techniques were tried. Some nice scores were shot at 300.

500 was even more interesting. Most bullet holes were not visible so again a few different ideas were tried. I treated it like a 1000yrd IBS blind shoot and just ripped em all off quickly.

In the end Paul Reed came away with the win and $382 cash prize, with Leanne VM 2nd and Bob Wright 3rd. I finished in the last of the money places at 7th. The top 7 were seperated by 10 points out of a possible 500.

The lucky door prize of $200 was won by Rob Riley.

The shoot ran really smoothly and we were done and dusted by lunch time so we had a quick BBQ. No one slit their wrists so I think despite the numbers it was a fun day.

It was designed to be difficult and different to fly shooting and I think we achieved that. We are taking all ideas on how to improve it for next year.

here are the results.

Cheers
Greg
wagga_cash_shoot_results_2013.xlsx
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen