Record falls at Eagle Park

PeteVM
We had our first match on the new frames at Eagle Park today. Ten hardy souls turned up to shoot in seriously trying conditions - winds gusting so hard that the top of my 6mt high 300mt flag was moved up to 2.5mt at times. Ordinarilly we would have reverted to shooting at 300yd but we needed to test the new frames before the Nesika Cup in November so we forged ahead. On many occassions peoples targets registered no scoring shots at all and group size rarely contributed to the target total. So what's the title of this piece holding in store? I formerly held the record for the lowest ever winning score at 105 points shot some years back in atrocious conditions. Well today Tyson Trotter won the match with his light gun on 104 pts! NEW RECORD! My heavy came in second on 103 and Mike Wittick's heavy third on 99. My light gun was a disaster - finishing last on 26 points (tried a different bullet/rifle combo which I think may have been a factor). Please note that we are not trying to beat this type of record - it simply happens that way some times! Hopefully come November the wind might drop to less than 'gale force'. Still it was an enjoyable day with plenty of friendly banter etc - people boasting of 3 scoring shots for example. Best target went to Tyson  (after count-back against Lee-Anne and Mike) - 35 pts. Tyson also shot small group for the day with a stunning 6 pointer - 4.9". One un-placed shooter shot 2 flies another hit 1 - total for the 11 entries 3 flies. Sheer luck in these conditions but still gets them bragging rights. On another note the new frames worked as intended. No 'splash' hit any of the targets (this had been an issue in the past) and the big 30's plus one 338 failed to dislodge any of the plates - once again overcoming a previous problem. I also trialled one of the newer benches that consists of a concrete top on steel uprights and found it perfectly satisfactory for Fly shoots.

Re: Record falls at Eagle Park

Jugs (Jaegen)
There are some days when I miss not be able to get to shoots but I am pretty sure that today wasn't one of them after reading that

Jugs

Re: Record falls at Eagle Park

Dave Purcell
Sounds like a fairly normal day at Eagle Park ... lol
New record lowest winning score ... but a winning score all the same. Sometimes you learn more on a day like that than you do on a good day anyway and it still beats mowing the lawn.
Great news that the new target frames have lived up to expectations and again well done to all concerned in getting the job done.
Juggs Batemans Bay is not far from Sydney if you ever want a shot let me know we can always work something out.