New SSAA Fly Rule Books now published and in force.

New SSAA Fly Rule Books now published and in force.

Hi All,

The new rule books are now approved and I am advised that they are effective now.  They are available on the home page of this web site as well as on SSAA National Web site.

Fly_Shoot_Rule_book___No.pdf
SSAA_Standard_Rules-no.pdf

Some of the additions are as follows:

 300m now included as a practice for QLD licensing.
 If a magazine is used it is only for single rounds. (Previously not specifically stated, mainly for Rimfire).
 Bipods specifically prohibited for HG.
 Additional Shots on a target clearly defined.
 Lost target procedures defined.
 Hall Of Fame introduced.
 Proficiency Awards introduced.
 Screamer Patch introduced

You will note that Section 2 (the SSAA Standard Rules) is now a separate document so it can be updated annually without affecting the different Discipline rulebooks.

A lot of other things have been more clearly defined and should see less grey areas or things that are open to interpretation.

I would advise all competitors to take a few minutes and read both rule books.