New Gunsmithing book

Geoff3019
This post was updated on .
G'day All,
Bill Hambly-Clark Jnr has written a book called " Centrefire Rifle Accuracy - creating and maintaining it.
covers building a rifle (truing up actions, chambering, triggers etc), reloading, tuning and cleaning it.

Found the link to the books' flyer see below
http://www.nswfclass.com.au/linked/centrefire_accuracy_publication_opt_a.pdf
Also see link below
http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=230266&Main=229700

Black Duck publications,
P.O. Box 146, Barcaldine, Qld 4725,
blackduckpublishing@bigpond.com

Only 2 catches, one is the cost - $100- posted..............and the other is only 100 copies printed, less my copy :wink:  :D
However, if you want to build a rifle this is a brilliantly detailed book, great photos and well worth it if you a are a budding rifle builder.
Cheerio Ned

Re: New Gunsmithing book

G'day Ned,

Do you shoot 500m fly ?

RE: New Gunsmithing book

Geoff3019

G’day Anthony,

Thanks, sorry about the nickname, must be something to do with the beard, wasn’t until after registering that I saw the forum rules……………oops!

I’m from Woodend Victoria, founding member of the Melbourne BR club back in 1998 and occasionally shoot 500m Fly and 300m mozzie at the club. I’m unlikely to travel to other interstate shoots, basically time and costs involved, I did in the early days of my BR shooting but these days finding time to go to the BR club or the occasional F class match is difficult enough.

I thought the book was worth mentioning, not enough of these books around with the detail that Bill H-C has put into it. I predict it will be a classic for discerning shooters.

Anyway, accurate rifles are always good to discuss and shooting them is event better.

Cheerio Geoff Wells

RE: New Gunsmithing book

Hi Geoff,

Great stuff & welcome to the forum.  When you get a chance, change your nick name to your real name and whack a photo of that beard on there so we can recognize you if we see you at the range sometime.

Re: New Gunsmithing book

Hi Geoff
I have read a copy of Bill's book and I must say I am so impressed with it really easy to follow. I read it over the weekend and I just couldn't put it down.

For those budding gunsmiths or just for those who are interested in getting to know why rifles shoot and what makes them shoot I can thoroughly recommend Bill's book.

The book is now out of print but please contact Bill and put your name on the list and he will see if he can get another lot printed. check out the post details from Geoff and send Bill an email you definitely will not be disappointed.

cheers to all.
les