Nesika Cup

Pete van Meurs
Hi All,

The Nesika Cup will soon be on again. There are a few points to note. As the range is now open to the public on Fridays the best we can manage for setting up of flags is to have the range closed at 3.00PM. Hopefully this will give sufficient time. All competitors and their companions are requested to sign-in at the benchrest hut, not at the gatehouse, whether it be Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
We plan to use the 'odds and evens' ploy on each of the two details to allow those who have double entered to spot for each other. Also, as the track to the 500mt line is in poor condition, due to the heavy rains this year, the travel time is a little slow. As a result the two full-time target crew will need the assistance of volunteers from the ranks of the competitors to speed things along - a roster will be drawn up and no competitor should need to assist more than once.
Rifles not in use on the benches may be placed at the rear of the firing line but must have the bolt removed and a chamber flag in place and must be situated vertically in the racks that will be provided.
There will be a lunch break after the 'B' target to allow those who wish to clean their barrels to do so. Cleaning can be done on the bench or in the club shed.
Sunday's 300yd event is planned to be run on the new range to the south of the berm. It will be a single detail and there will be two targets on each frame to speed things up so that those with a long trip home can get going early.

Pete

Re: Nesika Cup

john mc quire
Hello Peter     can you tell me how many shooters have nominated for your shoot
                      sounds like a great idea to shoot odds and evens  --  helps a lot with spoters --
                    i am looking forward to visiting little river again
                       see you there
                         john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Nesika Cup

Hi,

Thanks for the info Pete..... Rick & I will plan to get there after lunch friday and be ready for the 3.00pm shut for flags.

As usual happy to help with whatever you need.

Re: Nesika Cup

Pete van Meurs
Hi John and others,

At this stage we have 40 entries from 28 shooters (full house) although we await confirmation from some of these.
As there are only two details the bench draw is a bit of a nightmare despite the 'odds and evens'. However it will be done before Friday of next week and will be available at the range on the Friday morning.

Pete

Re: Nesika Cup

jacksaligari
Hi pete just checking were the range is im guess its on ripleys road little river ?
cheers jack

Re: Nesika Cup

Pete van Meurs
Hi Jack,

Eagle Park rifle range is located at the end of Gifkins Road which in turn comes off  Little River-Ripley Road. Some GPS units have trouble with 'Gifkins' and want it spelt 'Gifkens'. The 'Maps' app in an i-Phone or i-Pad finds it straight away. Just search 'Gifkins Rd Little River'.

Pete