My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
 While I was able to search the forum and find some targets I though it would be beneficial if there was a thread where people could post some of their targets and maybe list their rifle, action, barrel etc the projectile, powder, AOL, etc. This could be handy for shooters just getting into the sport to see what equipment is being used .

To get the ball rolling  these are the current (as of 12/03/2018) records most of us covet.

This one definitely deserves to be at the top of the list.
National LG Highest score
Young Eli Groves.
Wagga Nationals August  2022
60.3   (with a .760 group)

Borden BRMMF Drop Port
Hunter LR Stock
Maddco Barrel fitted by Tyson Trotter from Trotter Precision.
Cartridge 6 BR40
Projectiles Groves Bulletworks 103 Prodigy
Lapua cases
2206H
Fed GM 205m

National LG smallest group
Anthony Hall
Wagga August 2016
0.598"

National HG smallest Group and Highest score
Stuart Pethybridge
Wanneroo WA
Nationals 2018
.844
score 60.02

Previous National HG smallest group
Barry Tucker
Canberra September 2016
0.872"

Previous
National LG Highest score
Grant Groves
Little River 2017
Score 60.00

Stolle Panda,
Krieger Barrel,
Kelbly SPG stock,
103 copperheads,
Cartridge 6mm ProCal.

National 200yd Rimfire group
Fred Blacker
2020 Nationals, Canberra
Group   .827

National 200yd Rimfire highest Score
Annie Elliott
2020 Natinals Canberra
60.4

Previous National 200y Rimfire Fly record for group
Matty Riches
2019 Pro-Cal Canberra
.90

(Young Ken's Rimfire)
Stiller 2500X
Jewel Trigger
Big Stick stock
Barrel (Jury is still out on that one )
March EP zoom
Eley Tennex

Previous National 200y Rimfire Fly record for group & Score
John Lavaring
BRT Federal Cup March 2018
Group .9345"
Score 60.01

Previous National HG smallest group
Les Fraser
Wagga
0.887"

HG highest aggregate score
Michael Bell
Nationals 2019 Batemans Bay
284.9

LG highest aggregate score
Peter Cross
Blue Heeler Classic 2022
276.3

MarXman Rifle  by Wazz
6 BRX
Bordan Rimrock Left port Right eject
Jewel BR Trigger
Hardy Barrel
MarXman Fatty 500 stock

SCOPE- Beautiful March 8-80x56 MTR 2 Recticle
https://www.brtshooterssupply.com.au/

Seirra 107 Match Kings
32.6  2208
BR4 Primers
Lapua Cases

Re: My best target thread ?

Rob_White
Probably the best five shots I'll ever put down range at 500M ..... and they were on the unscored warmer target

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
All I can say is WOW!!  That's the sort of thing most of us aspire to achieve Rob. Pity it was the warmer but that certainly doesn't make it any less impressive.

This is my best so far. Shot with a factory Savage 12, in 308 & 155 Berger Hybrids

And of course my daughters. First shoot after we had the new 6BR maddco barrel fitted.

Re: My best target thread ?

ian mowat
was wondering what happened to that pic!!!!

Re: My best target thread ?

David Dundas
Here is the best group I have shot at 200y in over 20 years of shooting the event, was shot at Silverdale Oct 2016. Shot with the a .22 Hall with Broughton 4c barrel and R50 ammo with a Leupold scope 45x
I have seen a better group or two but never seen one that scored as well as this one.

200y Fly target

Regards

Dave

Re: My best target thread ?

well done Dave great group fantastic shooting
cheers Les

Re: My best target thread ?

Keith Dowel
G'day Peter, one of my best

Cheers Keith

Re: My best target thread ?

Keith Dowel
Another one

Re: My best target thread ?

Keith Dowel
My best score ever

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
That looks first class Keith, and those target are awesome too   But seriously its good to see some of these great targets, gives us a look at what can be achieved with a lot of practice and attention to detail.   I'm pleased to say my daughter has already improved on her best in the recent local fly shoot. Now If I can just get the thing off her and have a shot with it myself :D

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Merriman
You are right about that Keith.

Re: My best target thread ?

Tim  Pavey
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: My best target thread ?

Tim  Pavey

Finally got it to upload - this was shot at the Federal Cup this
Tim

Re: My best target thread ?

Stuart Pethy
not my best group but it is with my new 6BRX with a guessed load to finish off fire forming cases,  32.5gr of 2208, CCI 450, 105gr hybrids seated .008 jump , i've had a few 4 shot groups at 1.3 inches with this load but keep blowing the 5th
bring on load testing

Re: My best target thread ?

Dan MacDonald
My best effort @500m at Federal Cup some years ago. First time at a Fly shoot. Used my Metallic Silhouette rifle, Sako L61R in 7 x57 Mauser. I was aiming at the fly, first shot was the one on the leg, next three went right with wind, was told by my spotter , Kathy Tobler, to keep same aim-point as she could see a nice group. I ignored her as I wanted to hit the fly so I aimed left to allow for the wind, which then dropped off and the last shot landed point of aim! Lesson learned, listen to your spotter. I did finish the match with most shots on the  fly.

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Thats' nice Dan, I have a Brno ZH304 Combination Gun in 7x57R/12 gauge, its a nice calibre. Mine is not as accurate as yours,  I have shot a few pigs at 300 over the years but never a fly at 500. :)

Geez Stuart  that's already looking good, be interested to see what you can get out of it after you have done some load testing.

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
I had to post this one, my best 200yd target  by far. Shot it with SK rifle match.  58.3

Re: My best target thread ?

Jethro
My best target shot at 300yard mozzie shoot. 60.4 and. 599" group.

Re: My best target thread ?

Peter Cross
Administrator
That's an impressive target Jethro, bloody tight group too. Was that with the new Dasher ?

Re: My best target thread ?

Jethro
Yeah peter with the new dasher I got built mate.
12345