Match Schedule for 2012

Hi,

I have attached a schedule of the FLY matches that I know about for 2012, both SOTY and non.  If you know of any more and or can see any errors, please let me know ASAP.

I had to move Batemans Bay's October Shoot and have yet to registed a new date, as I was told the original date conflicted with the Cody Classic.

The only conflict that I can see is Townsville (dates taken from ausvarmint) have put down their fly SOTY on the same date as little River..... not sure if that is a problem or not.... different parts of the country and all...

Cheers

Anthony2012_Fly_Dates.xlsx

Re: Match Schedule for 2012

Steven Butcher
Hi Anthony,

can you add the Silverdale Rimfire Fly, it is the 2nd Saturday of each month (excluding February).

Re: Match Schedule for 2012

thanks Anthony can you please send me the excel spread sheet direct that way i can put it in the calendar section of the site.
great work mate.
Did you like the photo's if the record scores
cheers mate
les

Re: Match Schedule for 2012

Hi Mate,

Will do... I just reckon we leave the match schedule on here for comment and update for a week or so,, then I will add the silverdale matches and any other suggestions and give you one for posting as "IT" for the matches.

The record targets are great to see on here.... it would be good to be able to open them up larger.... I'll ring you about that tomorrow.

Re: Match Schedule for 2012

john mc quire
Hello Anthony     great work on getting the 2012 schedule  on line
                            it makes life a fair bit easier for the people who have to plan their shooting holidays
                        just one question at the moment   about  Wagga   -- what day is the 500 being shot  is it the 25 th
                               and another thing  if you want to see the record targets bigger    just  left click your mouse on
                        the image you want  and copy that picture  -- once copied you can fhotoshop it to any size you want
                                       hope this helps
                                                 john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Match Schedule for 2012

Annie Elliott
Great work on the Match schedule.  You need to be the "Fly" delegate at the AGM next Easter. At the moment the state BR delegates are supposed to be representing their Fly members but most of them don't know anything about the Fly. How much of the BR rulebook do we have to adhere to for the first 3 years ?

My reason for the question is that in the BR rulebook, ranges have to be registered before their matches can be registered. This means that a state delegate is supposed to inspect the range to make sure it meets all the guidelines in the rulebook. The main item is that the distance is what they say it is eg 500m ( and the Fly interim rules gives an allowance of +/- 2%). Often all that is required is a surveyors certificate stating the distance from the front of the benches to the target line.
Because the Fly shoot up til now has never needed these checks, none of the ranges listed on the match schedule are registered (officially).
This also affects the legitimacy  of any records shot.
I welcome any input from all the shooters as to what we could suggest.

Re: Match Schedule for 2012

Thank you.

It is my understanding that the fly must comply with the main rule book in full, except where a rule in the interim fly rules book specifically specifies otherwise (eg bench rotation etc)

I am also of the opinion that range resistration for an official match is mandatory.  I was required to arrange our range registration after we completed our upgrade in Batemans Bay.  I had the distances surveyed and the required letter confirming compliance from a licenced surveyor submitted to SSAA as part of the registration process to get the first match registered.

Records can only be shot from a registered range during a registered match.

I am happy to help and or promote the sport in any way I can.

Re: Match Schedule for 2012

chappo (Greg Chapman)
John,
Re the Wagga fly shoots. The 500m will be on the Sundays with a  300m fly on the Saturday.

cheers
Chappo
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen