Lets Discuss Calendar Dates for 2014

Hi All,

I would like to hear some discussion regarding dates for 2014 shoots.

It seems to me that there are too many shoots close together towards the end of the year, and this year, we have ended up with Canberra and Batemans Bay consecutive weekends...... as well as Little River and Brisbane consecutive weekends.  There are also Football grand finals, Bathurst races and other events that make October a busy month.

I know that Little River has their dates fixed and Canberra has March & September locked in, they are historically the longest running shoots and we just need to space the rest out around them.

Clearly December and January are not good months due to holidays, family commitments etc.

Should I look at moving our Batemans Bay October shoot to February for 2014 ?

When does Brisbane plan to hold shoots in 2014 ?

I understand that Little River is the first weekend in May and November ....

What is Canberra's method of picking weekends in March and September ?  Is it the first weekend in March and the third in September ?..... it seems to move around a little bit ?

Please chime in with your thoughts, suggestions and 20c worth.

Re: Lets Discuss Calendar Dates for 2014

a.JR
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Lets Discuss Calendar Dates for 2014

Hi Jeff,

That's a shame, hopefully one day it will happen...

From what I have heard, there are reasonable changes afoot in Brisbane to get well run and organized matches going there.

There is also talk of Armidale or Tamworth as well as Monarto in South Australia holding SOTY matches.... the more ranges that offer these shoots the better for the sport.

Re: Lets Discuss Calendar Dates for 2014

Don Ewin
Hi Anthony

I have applied for registered matches in Wagga Weekends 0f 30/31st March and 30/31st August.

Don

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Lets Discuss Calendar Dates for 2014

Hi Don,

Those dates should work great, they fit cleanly around the other events and holidays etc.

Jeff,

I am not really all that familiar with the history and political stuff that went on with SSAA QLD, It seems that there has been a fair bit of past bull shit......... It is my experience that we now have a reasonably sound national approach to range registration, rules, match registration and a forum for discussion and open communication.

What SSAA ranges are there up there ?  What would be needed to have suitable fixed benches that can be surveyed for distance and appropriate splash plates and target frames installed to enable matches to be held ?

Or is it just not worth the politics and effort ?

Re: Lets Discuss Calendar Dates for 2014

Dave Groves
Hi Anthony,
                      We have a lot of disciplines which use the Jim McKinley range in Canberra, so we have to try and fit in with everybody else, whenever we use a Saturday for a Fly Shoot, we take the main range from another discipline that usually uses that Saturday of every month (1st, 2nd, etc)

I'll have to put in a request for the range for the two Fly Shoots and when the calendar is finalised in late December I will know what I will get, the BRT Federal Cup will pretty much get whatever date we request, as it is a National Competition and therefore gets precedence in any range booking request, however for the event in September we need to be a little more flexible.

I propose that we mark the Calendar as "TBA" or "Ask Discipline Co-ordinator" for anything we don't know and that way people asking the DC will prompt them to update the calendar once things are known?

Cheers.

Dave.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Lets Discuss Calendar Dates for 2014

Hi Jeff can you please post your name on here not abreviations of or you can have it like Chappo who then put his name on the heading in brackets please that way everyone is complying with the rules of the forum.

cheers Les

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Lets Discuss Calendar Dates for 2014

no worries Jeff sorry to see you go
Les