Heavy bullets

For some time now i have been experimenting with bullet weights in different calibers i think that the critical point of achieving high BC is somewhat over shadowed by the reduction in bullet speed.

I feel that the bullet weights that i have found that perform best are comparative to the caliber driving them. For example a 6BR works best in the 95 to 100grn range i know alot of folk shoot 105-107 grain projectiles but the variation in bullet speed for the extra 5-7 grns of bullet weight yields a very little increase in result at the target.

Where as a 6 dasher performs optimum at the 105 grn range.

My 6x47L preferred weight is 107grn when i shoot the 95 grn bullets it is driving them to hard and therefore the accuracy is not there.

In the 30 cal range the 300WSM likes the 190grn range of bullets and drops its tail on the 200-210-215 range. On paper the heavier bullets BC is higher and therefore the perception is they buck the wind a little bit better but i think that the speed plays alot in repeatability from shot to shot.

I know some shooters prefer to shoot the bigger bullets and push the pressures up to drive them as hard as they can i am not a fan of high pressure accuracy nodes the window of variation when temperatures are up and down is to small for an event that go's over the whole day such as the fly.

Your thoughts