Great weekend in Wagga

Peter Merriman
Hi All

I would like to once again thank all those in Wagga for making the shoot so enjoyable.

Peter

Re: Great weekend in Wagga

It was a great weekend and seeing Paul Reeds tiny group was fantastic and very well deserved win. I think that fly shooting is in great hands with lots of new faces and some new calibers on the line. I was fortunate to see the little 20cal BR shoot a very very nice little round with heaps  of potential. It was also good to see a former shooters rifles on the line once again, Ian Davis LG and HG once again graced the firing line i am sure he would have been pleased they are continuing on in the sport.

For the organisers and the other support staff thanks again for running a great registered match and providing a great facility. I think a lot of attraction for the Wagga shoot is being able to sit around the fire till the wee hours of the morning and talk gun shit with mates.

It deserves a special mention that probably the most travelled shooting couple in Leane and Pete Van muers finished in the trophies with some excellent shooting.

To all the winners congratulations and to the other competitors i hope to see you soon. I may not be able to make many more shoots in the coming couple of years due to work committments changing and having to work every second weekend now.

It always warms my heart when i see other shooters helping new shooters out i really hope this continues into the future.

All the best Les

Re: Great weekend in Wagga

Michael Bell
Administrator
I would also like to weigh into this  with a hearty congrats to the crew from Wagga who got it right yet again. Great work from Paul Reid with that fantastic group ( sub 1") and better still with 271.02 points to win the day. Anthony Hall continues to towel us up in light rifle with a great shoot ,as usual!
I've attached a few pics for those who haven't been to Wagga. I reckon the shot of the range with all the flags is worth a close look. For all those who aren't yet convinced about the value of wind flags and what they tell us, have a close inspection of this pic. There is a dominant breeze from right to left but within that there are also 5 other breezes happening simultaneously! Although the conditions were relatively calm, enabling high scores, they could also be treacherous when not careful...
Regards,
Belly

Michael Bell

Re: Great weekend in Wagga

Nick Aagren
Administrator
A very enjoyable weekend, thanks to all the Wagga crew. Belly thanks for including the pics, I  just showed the family so they got an idea of the weekend's events.  Les thanks for the use of the loan gun, a good experience just sorry I couldn't  do it justice. It showed me how getting plenty of practice with one's equipment is big part of getting results in competition.

Regards

Nick

Re: Great weekend in Wagga

That's ok nick just as along as you had a good time. shooting two classes does take a lot out of you and if you are using a strange weapon then it makes it all the harder to get settled.

keep up the good shooting
Les