Get Well Soon Chappo !!

Chappo from Wagga, one of our great members & match organisers has had a nasty little accident.

In the words of Mrs Chappo.... he was up on the roof fixing an air conditioner leak on Friday, when he decided to fall from the roof without his Superman cape !!  The result includes a Fractured Skull, fractured right elbow, 4 fractured ribs, broken right wrist which needed surgery, he is broken, bruised and sore.....but still alive (Thank God).

Our thoughts and prayers are with Chappo and family and I look forward to hearing of a swift and complete recovery for him.

Get well soon mate !!

PS He may appear on a future bench draw as Clark Kent (-cape).

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

Stuart Pethy
Dam lucky boy
get well soon Chappo

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

With lots of support i hope he recovers well after his accident. Get well soon mate.
cheers Les

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

Vince V
Not good to hear the bad news!
Get well very soon mate ,,,

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

Glen Aarsen
Doubling down on the dam lucky and the get well soon. Cheers Glen

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

David Dundas
Get well Chappo!

Want to see you up and about soon and back on the firing line where you belong.

Cheers

Dave Dundas

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

chappo (Greg Chapman)
Hi guys and girls. Thanks for your thoughts.

So saturday the 15th i was on the roof repairing a broken hose to the AC.

Next thing i remember i am being forced into a MRI machine wearing a neck brace and other splints etc.

I have no idea how, but i fell through the laser lite sheeting and landed on the concrete using my skull. Apparently i had stopped breathing and lost quite a bit of blood.
Ambos rushed wife and i to hospital. Turns out i have blown right shoulder, fractured right elbow. 4 fractured ribs, fractured left wrist in multiple places, fractured eye socket and skull fracture and two damaged neck vertebrae.

I dont remember much of the first four days in ICU other than the extreme pain. I was finally released yesterday after 9 days. I have been told i have a very long road in front of me. Recovery is expected to be 4-6 months at least. I am home now and luckily have the missus to look after me. She has been  an absolute legend during the last week and a half. Im not sure i deserve her.

I am also fortunate to have many colleagues from the thin blue line who have visited me and offered all kinds of help as well as many friends i have been lucky enough to gain from shooting over the years. I cannot thank any of you enough for your support.

This has rattled me and the family quite a bit as you can imagine but i am trying to stay positive whilst i recover.

Im sure i will get a chance to chat here to a few of you.

Cheers
Chappo

PS. If anyone has any books on the mental effort of shooting i would love to borrow them whilst im stuck at home. After my effort at the nationals i need to get my head in the game a bit better.
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

Peter Merriman
Hi Chappo,

You are an idiot. LOL.

Mate I hope you recover quickly.

Peter

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

Michael Bell
Administrator
Very, Very Lucky boy Chappo!

I wouldn't worry about getting books on the mental approach to shooting so much; Better off getting books on learning how to FLY.......

All the best for your rehab

Belly
Michael Bell

Re: Get Well Soon Chappo !!

Hi Chappo,
glad you are out of hospital send me your mailing address on my email and i will post you down my books on mental toughness and preparation for shooting. Some are from Lanny Basham and some are from world record holders.

Get well Mat

As the Blue Heeler is in August i am happy to load a rifle and take it just in case you can fire a shot.

look after yourself
Les