G'Day from a Member

Aaron Raadschelders
Just thought I'd post a quick intro to the forum.

I've joined the forum to get a better understanding of 500m fly shooting. Hopefully I'll have a go later this year when I've got more of my gear sorted out.

My shooting background started at the age of 8, but I didn't get involved with long range target shooting until 1996.

Just to be upfront with everyone, I am currently involved in the shooting industry with Antipodean Industrial and the G7L series of projectiles.

Maybe I'll even manage to make a useful contribution to a forum topic here and there.
Be careful what you aim for, you might just hit it! Antipodean Industrial - www.antipodeanindustrial.com.au - Home of the G7L projectiles.

Re: G'Day from a Member

Hi Aaron,

Welcome mate, there are a lot of experienced 500m shooters on here and good healthy discussion is always welcome.

Hope to see you at a shoot sometime.... maybe you can tell us all more about those projectiles... and even show us how they shoot by turning up and having a crack with them.

Re: G'Day from a Member

Welcome Aaron to the fly website we try where we can to bring informative posts to shooters. I note your comments about being in the projectile game. Please post and tell us a bit about that if you like or just value add to posts as they come up.

I would welcome any shooting posts you feel will make a topic for discussion.

cheers and again Welcome.
Les

Re: G'Day from a Member

Aaron Raadschelders
Thanks for the welcome Anthony and Les.

I'd certainly like to get a bit more trigger time, but bullet swaging mulitple calibres, in multiple weights really demands more of my attention if I want to take it seriously. I certainly enjoy the social aspect of the sport and being outdoors because I would want to depend on my skill level.

Hopefully a few of the members might be able to assist with a bit of development work, by screwing in an old match barrel. I'm conscious though, that good target barrels burn out all too quickly. I certainly don't have every calibre, twist and cartridge/velocity combination out there and I use feedback to make sure I'm focusing my resources efficeintly. So far the shooting community has been very generous with their time and resources.

I promise I'll be out there soon to blow the cobwebs out of the Omark again.