Full Results for Wagga

Hi,

Well done to the crew at Wagga for a great shoot !!  And again to Pete VM for a great job in running the scoring side of the event... that's a big job, so well done mate.

I have attached a spreadsheet with tabs down the bottom for LG, HG, 300m & 2 day.  Small group and best targets are down the bottom of each page.  I have also saved this one in the older version of excel for those that don't have the current version yet....

Older Excel
wagga_published_results_august_2012.xls

Re: Full Results for Wagga

Allen Holinka
Hello All,

I too would also just like to say thanks to everyone involved in making the weekend a great one. It was my first major match interstate, and i had a great time. There are some really good shooters out there and was good to mix it up with all you guys (and girls).

It was a well run event with great facilites. I will definately be back there in March.

Cheers Allen

Re: Full Results for Wagga

Michael Bell
    Good on you Allen, great to see you and all the others from Melbourne prepared to make the effort to get up to Wagga.  Yes it certainly was a great weekend very capably managed by the Wagga crew.
   I'd like to congratulate the heavy gun winners Paul Read 1st, Glen Seaman 2nd and Paul Deehan 3rd all scoring 244 points separated only by fly hits. Also the light rifle winners Anthony Hall 1st, Andrew Wright 2nd and Wayne Firth 3rd. Anthony scoring 240 points with Andrew & Wayne on 239 separated only by fly hits.
  If I can make an observation, I think we are witnessing something very relevant to the health of our sport. In light rifle 12 shooters scored more than 220 points and in heavy rifle 7 scored more than 235 points with the winners being separated by the tiniest of margins in what can only be described as switching and tricky conditions.  Surely this means the playing field is being levelled while the bar is being raised. Understanding that just about anyone can go home with the trophy and that a small lapse in concentration can send a shooter tumbling down the leader board  serves only to add excitement to events that are increasingly hard fought.  I reckon it's fantastic!
  Must make a special mention of Andrew Wright.I can't actually say how old he  is but I wouldn't put money on him having hair under his arms.... great effort from the young bloke and no doubt beautifully coached by his father Bob.

All the best and hope to see you all in Canberra on the 22nd Sept

Michael Bell
Michael Bell

Re: Full Results for Wagga

Allen Holinka
Yep there are definately some big scorring targets being shot quite consistantly these days.

If you dont shoot atleast 50 points, or average 50 per target your not going to place well at all.

Id like to shoot either Canberra or the next Batemans Bay shoot..... hopefully.
Max

Re: Full Results for Wagga

Max

Well done to all shooters, the results show it wasn't that easy.

What was the weather like? it was very cold and windy in Canberra, and Sydney  the weekend.

Max

Re: Full Results for Wagga

Hi Max,

In a word..... COLD...

Saturday was cold and breezy, but the breeze was reasonably light.

Sunday it was Cold and windy, the wind was gusty, switchy and fairly tough....made the flags and timing your sighters very important !

But the competition and the fires on the range and inside were all nice and hot :)

Some bugger (Belly I seem to recall) dobbed me in to the paper ...... see here ....
http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/258996/bay-shooter-hits-the-target/?cs=149

Cheers

Antony

Re: Full Results for Wagga

Well done to all the winners and place getters in each category, i would like to say that as a shooting sport i think that the fly is growing all the time and there were a number of new faces competing which is fantastic to see. I would like to make mention of how good a shoot the Wagga event is great facilities and a range that is trying and difficult to read the conditions on.

I would like to urge shooters to begin to consider a role you could play in assisting with hosting the events, there are jobs that anyone can do which helps to make the days run a whole lot easier.

Some of the jobs i see
weighing of rifles for light gun
trigger testing
equipment list compiling
assisting a new shooter
information session for new shooters in the sport
assisting with posting of targets
assisting with posting of score sheets.

I think for coming events perhaps if the organisers didn't mind we could have some of these jobs sorted by shooters going to the event. After all we all like to shoot but there is jobs to do...........
Les

Re: Full Results for Wagga

max coady
This post was from Max Coady...... picture didn't appear before