Full Results for Batemans Bay

Hi,

What a great weekend.  Full results are in the "Results and SOTY" section of  the web site and also attached at the end of this post in the older excel format in case you cant open the .xlsx format.

Thank you to all those that travelled a long way to be a part of our shoot !! The atmosphere was great and the competition fantastic.  Well done to Michael Bell for the win in Light gun... again.... to Annie Elliott for the win in Heavy Gun, and Stuart Elliott for the win in Rimfire, John Butts with his potential Australian record small group of around 1.084" in Heavy Gun..... along with all the other winners, place getters and juniors over the weekend.

A special thanks to Peter Van Meurs who scored every target (that is over 400 targets !!) as well as shot two classes on Saturday and Rimfire on sunday.... and spotted for Lee-Anne and helped others over the weekend !!
Big effort mate and it is really appreciated !!

Thanks also to Dave Groves for the loan of a couple of Canberra's splash plates !! Would have been a tough day without them once a couple of ours broke hangers....

B_Bay_june_2012_results.xls

Re: Full Results for Batemans Bay

yeh so true mate a great weekend at the Bay and all had a great time, Congratulations to Belly and Annie and to young Alex Dundas who won lots of trophies and young people like Alex is longevity in any sport so i hope we keep him interested.

The loan gun had its maiden run and from all reports shot well, i think a 55.3 was in the mix of targets so anyone would be happy with a target like that.

To Anthony and Brison and all who worked tirelessly over the weekend very well done.

A special mention of Pete Van muers is certainly warranted i watched him swiftly work through a relay of targets with skill and precision. The results were posted and i didn't hear any complaints so a great job done Pete.

I would like to thank everyone who came to the shoot and participated the sport is growing and as such we have to be mindful of achievements and peoples commitment to the sport.

It is a clear demonstration in determination by Mike Bell he is dedicated to wining matches and is working well towards a LG SOTy win. His impressive back to back wins in the category is great to see and i hope he continues to improve match after match.

The BRX is performing well Mate keep it up..

Lanny Basham said "when you are shooting well shoot often" (With winning in Mind mental coaching CD)

I know Annie and Stuart were a little cold but the warmth of carry victories will warm them for the long trip home.

hope to all see you soon at the next match
cheers and good shooting to all
Les

Re: Full Results for Batemans Bay

David Dundas
Hi Anthony\Les

A great weekend had by us, I wish to thank Anthony and the Batemans Bay club and all those involved in putting on the event as its a lot of work to make an even a successful one. The Fly shoot at Batemans is now an event not to miss on the calendar.
Thanks Les for the use of your rifle for the boys to shoot on Saturday, they really enjoyed it and were talking about it for hours on the way home. I am sure they will have some stories about the "big" guns to share with their mates.
We will be back next year for sure and might see if we can get to another shoot before then, there is no better place to learn about long range shooting than being there - somethings you can not experience on-line.

Regards

David Dundas

Re: Full Results for Batemans Bay

Stuart Elliott
Yes agree,
Special thanks to Anthony Hall and all the Batemans Bay crew. Great job
Been a lot of years since we went to the Batemans Bay range. We kind of expect professional things from Anthony but really it does talk a very well organised effort to make the full weekend flow. These things do not happen easily so round of applause for you Anthony. Like your stuff.

To the others..... I know that many of you bagged me out for coming south in winter and  I am sorry. I broke my 6 year promise to Annie to NEVER, EVER go south of the QLD/NSW border between April and November, but .... I did and I'm sorry. Lucky for me her result was more than reasonable. Imagine if it wasn't?  I would be left on the side of the road near Braidwood somewhere and Murray would still be walking home!
Rest assured I will not go south again in winter and I can guarantee Annie will not.  Dave Purcell hopes this anyway!  :)

Congrats to Mike Bells winning LG centrefire and top score. Dave Groves for a top individual target and John Butts for that cheeky small group in centrefire. Great to see many juniors competing. They did a great job.
Rimfire? Like throwing ping pong balls into a fan.... what more can I say.

Stuart Elliott
Every shot pleases somebody..........

Re: Full Results for Batemans Bay

Stuart Elliott
Some of our photos. Apologies they do not show everyone. I was frozen, could not move far.

Is is sand? Is it snow? Is it frost? well it sure aint Superman

Les Fraser..."I'm gunna get that bloody Fly if it's the last goddam thing I do"

Annie Elliott.... "Why am I here again? I'm cold. I don't do COLD"

The John Rawson school of interior and exterior design

Jacko returns!

Oh no. This look like the start of one of those religions or something

OK, well that's the end of that religion thing

Rimfire. How far away is that? Are we for real?

Yep, like throwing ping pong balls into a fan .... at 200 metres

Oh to be a junior again. Well done guys.

Every shot pleases somebody..........

Re: Full Results for Batemans Bay

Michael Bell
 I too would like to belatedly join the chorus of people thanking Anthony and the team from Batemans Bay for putting on a first class shoot last weekend.

I thought the weather was fantastic but I'm continuing to learn that everything is relative as the Queenslanders rugged up in scarfs and beanies while the Canberra mob strolled about comfortably in tea shirts.

Being a four relay event it was no mean feat to finish as early as we did and the target crew and various range officers deserve our praise.

As Anthony has already said Pete Van Meurs did an incredible job in scoring all those targets so efficiently. No small thing to drive from Melbourne, shoot 2 classes and then score. Some of us , myself included, are entitled to feel guilty.

All the very Best,

Michael Bell
Michael Bell