Forum suggestions

There seems to be a little bit of a lul in the amount of posts on this forum for what ever reason things have dropped off a bit. If anyone has some suggestions to stimulate some conversation then please post and we can go from there. Mike Bell is about to put up some interviews of shooters. Mike made the suggestion which i think is a great information source for new and up and coming shooters, he will select random questions and i hope the feed back is good anyway looking forward to the work mike.

cheers and good shooting
Les

Re: Forum suggestions

David Dundas
Hi Les

My only suggestion is that I would like to see more from the Rimfire shooters. I know its not shot everywhere but alot of people get hooked on the rimfire before stepping up to the bigger calibres. I think its because its simpler, get a good rifle and scope buy some decent ammo and away you go at the Fly, centrefire requires knowledge of reloading and is for the more serious shooter.
I am happy to provid results from the rimfire shoots at Silverdale which is run most months and new shooters are welcome and often attend.
Otherwise, the site is great and I love it  so keep up the good work.

Regards

David Dundas

Re: Forum suggestions

Hi Les,

The forum discussions started off really well as there was lots of things going on and lots of reasons for discussions around rule changes, soty changes etc.  A lot of that is now sorted for 2012 hence the drop off in discussion.

One of the things that we need to do is add content to the site.

I have just added a page for equipment lists as a tab under "Score and Soty"

I have added the equipment list from Batemans Bay shoot and will post more info for discusison in another post shortly.

What else would people like to see on the site ?

What content or discusison points would give people a reason to check out the forum regularly ?

Re: Forum suggestions

Dave Purcell
David if you would like to push the rimfire aspect then I think that simply posting results will have little impact.
I would suggest that you need to encourage new shooters to try the event. This can often be achieved via open discussion about the event, the equipment and methods for success.
Now I would not suggest that you try all that in one post but you can start by opening a thread on say equipment ie tell people what your rfile is (ie action barrel etc) and wh you choose these parts. Ask others what they use and why.
Further threads on methods of selecting and sorting ammo, technique and wind reading with the little cartridge.
This will let others get to know what its all about and provide the foundations of information for a beginner to try the event.