Forum Rules

Firstly i would like to say from the outset that i have set rules up on this forum for a number of reasons firstly this site is about competitive benchrest shooters having a forum which is free of sledging and derogatory remarks which people can do behind nicknames.

This is our site, i may administer it, put the elements into the pages and promote this sport as much as i can but ultimately it is your site as flyshooters.

Everyone is aware of the rules pertaining to having your photograph and real name on the post mark. There are several reasons for this. I want people to contribute as though they are at the range, so far the site has done exactly what everone has wanted. The shooters wanted a place that was specific to the fly well here it is, they also wanted a place to exchange ideas and help new shooters out ,well again here it is. This site has cost a considerable amount to set up and i have it payed up for the next couple of years.

All i ask is that everyone conform to these simple rules.
1/Put your real name up on the site
2/a photo of you
3/no sledging or derogatory remarks about others
4/no direct or indirect attacks on other shooters.

This site is for you so it really is up to you to Police.

I will ask that those who have not a photo up and your real name then please do so by the end of January 2012.
If you don't know how to then please email me and i will help you out by resizing your photo's or talking you through how to load it up on the site.

all the best and good shooting Les

Re: Forum Rules

Dave Purcell
Les,
I am having a real problem with rule 3 .. I dont think I can not sledge you .. no pretty sure I cant live with that so I will just ignore rule 3 when it comes to you .. oh and Anthony as well

Dave

Re: Forum Rules

the sledging i am referring to is the not in fun remarks, Purce you have always enjoyed taking the micky out of me but you know what, i have learnt alot from it. But when it really comes to the crunch nothing you have ever said to me has not been in good humour.
cheers Les

Re: Forum Rules

lol,

Yes, we need to modify rule 3...

Up there with reading the wind and reloading..... good sledging is a skill that is mandatory in Fly shooting.

Even my 9 year old understands that..... hey Les :)

Re: Forum Rules

Stuart Elliott
Les,
Thanks for posting the forum rules yet again. I think 99% of people here appreciate all you have done. Besides it's your rules and your choice and we all respect and appreciate these. I think they are good rules and clear boundaries.

This website and forum is a good thing for the sport and has generated a lot of interest and a good bit of humour too. It's good stuff and hopefully continues for a long time.
I am just one of many people who is very passionate about 500m Fly Shooting. I have contributed a fair bit towards it myself over the years but nothing more than anyone else. We all, each and all of us have a vested interest to see the core of this event remains. In means a lot to so many people. I am just happy to be part of it ever since that first event in Canberra in 1990. Certainly proud to see where Fly shooting is today and where it is likely to grow to in the future.

Like anything in life there needs to be rules and boundaries and with this forum YOU  Les, get the call. I am one person who will defend YOUR right to that always. I apologise to the people on this forum who may have been annoyed or offended by my posts which have brought about this thread. They may have appeared aggressive to some people, or possible looking for a fight. I certainly am aware of this and did not intend to upset a lot of people. Most people do not like conflict anywhere and especially on forums as that turns them off.  Me too.

But I will always stand up and defend our sport and I do NOT tollerate bullies. I never have. We all know what happens when bullies prevail just like in the school yard. There are rules and boundaries in everything we do in life and some people do not like that or being told that and therefore they bully until they get their way. I am one who will never tollerate this as I have witnessed the destruction on many levels of most shooting sports over the last 35 years because of this.
When it comes to Bullying in any aspect of our lives each of us has a decision what to do. Do you shut up and ignore it and hopefully avoid a conflict? Or do you stand up and defend the very boundaries and rules that we all need?  Some people may think it's a bit strong but I assure you that is what was going on here.
So I am one person prepared to stand up and say enough is enough. I know many others support my stand but they do not wish to be vocal about it. That's fine as long as you back those who are vocal if you also believe it. This has nothing to do with personal issues.  This issue on this website is simply about respect for the owner (Les) and his rules and boundaries so that the vast majority of us can participate and enjoy this forum and OUR sport. I don't like seeing this erode away.

This sport belongs to each and all of us. It is incumbent on each of us to participate at many levels and to defend it.

Thanks for you time,
Stuart Elliott
Every shot pleases somebody..........

Re: Forum Rules

Sebastian Lambang
I'm sorry Les for listing my name as "seb" only. (that's usually friends call me & my habit to mention/type my name as seb). I have changed it today.

I'm 100% agree with you all about listing sure name & photo.  It's really a good policy!

seb.