Fly Shoot now it's own SSAA Discipline

Dave Groves
Good Morning All,
                                  I am pleased to announce that the Fly Shoot is now it's own discipline under SSAA National, the Fly has been moved out from under the BR Discipline Chairman and has been given a three year trial as its own stand alone organisation.

The new arrangements have come about as a result of a motion moved at the Benchrest Nationals and that motion was ratified by the SSAA National Board last weekend.

I was approached by Andrew Judd, the National Discipline Chairmans Coordinator to stand as the interim Fly National Discipline Chairman in the event that the motion was passed.

I am in the process of putting together the organisation to run Fly under the new regime, this will compromise State Discipline Chairs/Delegates (the one position) with alternates to back them up.

We have some work to do before I take the revisions to our Rulebook to the National Discipline Chairmans meeting in November, I plan on consulting with the State Chairs in the re-draft and their role will be to liaise with the shooters in their States and Territories.

I look forward to working with everybody to make this change a successful one.

Cheers.

Dave Groves
Fly Shoot National Discipline Chairman

Re: Fly Shoot now it's own SSAA Discipline

Paul D
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Fly Shoot now it's own SSAA Discipline

john mc quire
Hello  Dave    that is great news for sure   -- to be able to operate under our own leadership  will help us grow our sport
          if there is any way I can help  just let me know   --  we will have our 500 Fly range going in Mackay  soon  --
                 regards   john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Fly Shoot now it's own SSAA Discipline

Michael Bell
Administrator
 Dave,

 Well done indeed!  Very glad you accepted the position.....perfect man for the job & I will call you Sir!

 We as Fly Shooters will now have a DIRECT  pathway to the top administrators which I think is very important for all sorts of reasons.

 All the best,

 Belly
Michael Bell

Re: Fly Shoot now it's own SSAA Discipline

Dave Groves
Thanks all for the positive feedback, I've been tech free the other side of Bourke for a bit over a week hence the late reply.

Things moving along well with standing up the discipline, just need to get nominations from each state/territory for their State Fly Discipline Chair finalised and the finishing touches will be put on the draft rulebook for Novembers meeting.

And you can pretty much call me anything as long as it is not late for dinner!

Cheers.

Dave.