Fly Nationals State vs State

Stuart Pethy
ok take 2 , wrote out a big spiel only for PC to crash as end ahhh so here we go again

Ok. looking at holding an unofficial State Vs State teams shoot at the Nationals this year
it will be a 3 person event (as WA only has 3 people coming to Nats this year) but will be looking at a 4 person event for later years

last year at Batemans Bay QLD and WA did this and we would like to extend it to other states this year as it was great fun
West Australia V Queensland - Team Event - 2019 Fly Nationals
State V State Match

                                                   HG     LG          Rim                Total

Vince Vaina                        (268.08)     252.04   224.00 QLD
Mark Lacey                        (238.02)     237.03   147.00 QLD  778.14
Robert Jackson                 258.03      (272.04)   0.00       QLD

Tony Ryan                         251.02       (268.05)   243.01 WA
Stuart Pethybridge        (263.04)      247.02   181.01       WA        782.13
Gary Templeman        (251.04)       243.03   169.01 WA

as you can see WA came away with a close win

Scoring
Scoring Highest aggregated scores for top 3 State Competitors
the Highest score from HG or LG or RF will be used from that 1 person
all 3 highest scores will be added up to give the final State team score, highest team score wins National State Team (see above from last years scores)

Teams
this is where i want your input

1st way is whoever shoots in the nationals has a chance of being in their State team, at the end of the weekend when the results are added up we take the top 3 shooters scores from either LG or HG or RF and add then up for their State scores and compare it to other states scores to work out the National State team winners and losers

the 2nd way is you use the results from the last State Titles shoot before the Nationals as a Qualifying round to pick the State team to compete at the Nationals.
if one of the top 3 shooters cant make the nationals then the 4th person makes the team, if they cant make it the 5th shooter etc etc down the list till a 3 person team is chosen to make the Nations.

the 1st way anyone has a chance of being in the State team as long as they shoot well in the Nationals but you don't know the teams till the end of shoot

the 2nd way is you know who the State team will be before turning up at Nationals and its up to them to win it for your state and its sort of rewards the people who shoot in State titles and to make the state national team.

but this is what i want you guys to tell me what you want so we can sort this out for future nationals

if anyone else has any ideas i would like to hear them, and will need to try and sort something out for trophies when we have an idea on which way to go

also your State team will be what ever club your a member of, if your a member of 2 clubs in different states it will come down to what state you live in .

cheers
Pethy

Re: Fly Nationals State vs State

Vince V
Hi Stuart P ,,,

I believe the first way is the best way to go ,,,

As u said , Whoever is at the Nationals has a chance of being in the team .

After all , attending the Nationals, takes effort and $ , so therefore, it should be decided at the Nationals!

Re: Fly Nationals State vs State

Fred Blacker
Hi Stuart.
Can I please confirm.
"also your State team will be what ever club your a member of, if your a member of 2 clubs in different states it will come down to what state you live in ."
So as an example, someone like myself who lives in NSW, but my SSAA membership is with ACT. So therefore I would be eligible for the ACT team and NOT the NSW team. Is this correct?
Cheer
Fred Blacker

Re: Fly Nationals State vs State

Stuart Pethy
sorry Fred i ment to reply here and somehow sent you an email haha
can you copy and paste my reply up in here

thanks Vince , it looking like option 1 is winning

cheers

Re: Fly Nationals State vs State

Fred Blacker
From Stuart
Correct
think it would be easier if it comes down to what State your SSAA club your a member of..
if you were a member of 2 clubs (eg ACT and NSW) then it would come down to you being in NSW club as you shoot in one and you live in NSW

but i would like to hear your option as this is all new
State team picked by what state you live in or what state your a member in

see i thought the ACT would be a disadvantage if you picked what state you live in as i know alot of people come from NSW to shoot there but i could be wrong?

but in picking the team it looks like option 1 is leading

cheers

Thanks for clarifying Stuart.
I like the idea of option 1 for state teams. However I was wondering if instead of simply being highest 3 totals, should it be, highest result for each state in each class. So each State would post a score for heavy, light, and rimfire. And these three scores would be totalled?

Re: Fly Nationals State vs State

Stuart Pethy
Fred Blacker wrote
Thanks for clarifying Stuart.
I like the idea of option 1 for state teams. However I was wondering if
instead of simply being highest 3 totals, should it be, highest result for
each state in each class. So each State would post a score for heavy, light,
and rimfire. And these three scores would be totalled?
Quoted from:
http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nabble.com/Fly-Nationals-State-vs-State-tp5710687p5710693.html

yeah Fred i should be highest for for each state in each class, if someone has highest in 2 classes say LG and RF then only one of the highest scores will count (eg LG) and the next highest score for RF from someone in that state will be next , so yes highest scores from each state in each class will be counted for 3 different people
cheers