Contacts for Ranges not shooting the fly

Contacts for Ranges not shooting the fly

Hi shooters does anyone have the contact details for Tamworth and Hornsby and who used to run the fly there. just a thought perhaps with the popularity we may ba able to get them up and going again. Anything is worth a try.

cheers Les

Re: Contacts for Ranges not shooting the fly

max coady
Les

 Tamworth was run by a full bore club, Tamworth Peel Valley Rifle Club.
I havent got a contact.

sorry about the Photo

Max

Re: Contacts for Ranges not shooting the fly

David Dundas
Hi  Les

Dave Waters used to organise the events in Sydney for both Rimfire and Centrefire and then would get someone at each event to to run point on the day. Dave would arrange the dates, the trophies, medals and Fly patches as well as getting the event published in the Journal. I used to helpout with the rimfire at Silverdale and someone else would do the shoot at Hornsby and the shoots would be on a Saturday and Sunday so someone could shoot both if they wished.
Anyway, at I herd at the last centrefire at Hornsby there was a mixup with Fly patches or medals and of course some complaints were made and that was it for the volunteers that helped out - It was a real shame.
We had no such problems with the rimfire shoot, but because the two events went together we lost the rimfire event as well, it was called the Sydney cup if I remember. I am sure there will be a few shooters at the Batemans bay shoot who attended the shoots at Hornsby who will know more than me.
I still run a rimfire Fly shoot monthly at Silverdale, but its not a registered match.

Regards

Dave

Re: Contacts for Ranges not shooting the fly

thanks max and dave i hope that we can re visit these venues in the future it is always a loss when a range folds like that . I hope that there is enough interest now to keep things going and get helpers in.

Pete Vanmuers said long ago on the forum about workers and sherkers this is evident in every sport but we can change this. The ranges that are running now are very impressive shoots like little river wagga b/ Bay Belmont are keen and have people genuinely interested in making the shoots better.

when i spoke to Anthony he said there is over 50 entrants at the Bay and for the club that will be a great financial assistance.

lets keep and open mind on it i will try and email dave and see if he is interested in getting it going again
cheers Les