Come and try short Range new class proposed.

Come and try short Range new class proposed.

Hi all just letting people know that a new class is being proposed to all fly shooters to use their LV rifles to shoot groups at Short Range Matches.
ts a
A proposal has been put up  that Sporter Heavy class will be considered to provide shooters with the opportunity to come and try a short range match.

The proposed class will be 17lbs and 6mm Cal this will allow you to come and try a match and shoot alongside the 6ppc group.

you will shoot 5 targets at 100yds and 5 targets at 200yds. This is a group shoot and their is proposed a seperate trophy for this class.

There is strict rifle weights if you want to compete and shoot the match properly however  you can do this later on if you wish to continue. Most flyshooters have the same gear as short range shooters with the exception of the rifle weights that are strict.

This idea is to provide shooters with the opportunity to try the sport with out having have to go out and buy a short range rifle.

I will post some targets up here from the Springsure Nationals for you to look at, if you have any questions please post here or give me a call.

Cheers and good shooting to all
Les

Re: Come and try short Range new class proposed.

Tim  Pavey
Hi Les,
This sounds like a lot of fun.
Where and when, I’m certainly keen to have a go

Re: Come and try short Range new class proposed.

hi Tim,

Great mate i will be talking with the nsw delegate in the next week. My hope is a class for the 30 /6 at coffs i will keep everyone up to date. If anyone wants to keep up with the progress please check out benchrest bulletin forum centre fire group.

cheers and good shooting to all
Les

Re: Come and try short Range new class proposed.

john mc quire
Hi Les   sounds great  should get some Fly Shooters interested  to see how their light guns  shoot at the shorter ranges   it would be great if any of our 17 lb   guns  regardless of calibre  or stock width  could be shot  in this class  not just 6mm
           regards john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT