Coaching weekend prior to the Federal cup next year

Coaching weekend prior to the Federal cup next year

Hi flyshooters what do you think about having  a weekend at a range to share our knowledge and help those who are wanting to do better in the sport......

There are alot of new shooters who would benefit greatly by having some coaching and a few tips.

your thoughts
Les

Re: Coaching weekend prior to the Federal cup next year

john mc quire
Hi Les  that sounds like a great idea
              even the old hands could learn a trick or two
            would it be run on the friday in conjunction with the sight in
          could help anyone trying to set up a rifle and load for the next day
                                        john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Coaching weekend prior to the Federal cup next year

Petevm
Hi Les,

At our club we shoot not only the 2 major matches but also another 4 or 5 club matches throughout the year. These club days double up as coaching/training sessions but we are a bit distant for NSW based shooters. I understand that Wagga branch is planning club days at 500 for 2012 and would be within reach for many shooters, Chappo should be able to provide dates. Same applies to Batemans - Anthony should be able to give you the dates. Of course there is no reason anyone thinking of shooting in Fed Cup next year could not take a few extra days and practice etc mid-week at the Majura range as it is open 7 days a week.

Pete

Re: Coaching weekend prior to the Federal cup next year

Dave Purcell
Yes Batemans Bay runs a few Fly shoots other than major matches and any shooter is welcome to come along. Advice is freely given and tips can be picked up.

Re: Coaching weekend prior to the Federal cup next year

just to let you know that i have spoken to Anthony Hall today and we will try and come up with some dates for a weekend of coaching and helping flyshooters. I hope that it is well supported and lots come but if only a few then that is ok to. Anthony Suggested that we tie it in with a regular club fly shoot at the bay which i think is a great idea. Perhaps we may even do it in two locations if the Wagga guys want to come on board.

It will be an information sharing experience and hopefully helps fly shooters out, i am continually learning and i am sure others are two.

cheers and hope to see you there.
Les