Club Shoots

Deane Thrower
Hi guys,

This is aimed at Canberra and Batemans Bay more so, but do you guys have fly shoots outside of the registered shoots. I'm looking at getting in some practice and would love to make up numbers if you do

Cheers
Deane
Just doing my part to reduce the fly population!!!!

Re: Club Shoots

Hi Deane,

Yes mate, we do have club fly shoots... Some 200 Rimfire, 300 or 500 centrefire, usually about 2 of each per year.

But for comparable club practice.... we have a club "Fox" shoot every month (2nd saturday afternoon).

It is 500m, 300m, 200m in Centrefire and 100m Rimfire.  Each month we shoot 3 of the 4 distances.... it is a lot of fun and will give you some match practice.... There is also an annual Shooter of the Year point score etc...

The other thing to keep in mind is that we have the splash plates up at 500m all the time.... you can come any day the range is open..... set your flags up and shoot your own practice match over your flags......

Give us a yell if you want to come and shoot the fox shoot... I am sure you will find it addictive and enjoy it.

Re: Club Shoots

Deane Thrower
Anthony,

Thanks for your reply, sounds like a lot of fun for sure. I will give you a call and see when your next shoot is.

Cheers
Deane
Just doing my part to reduce the fly population!!!!

Re: Club Shoots

Dave Groves
Hi Deane,
                  Canberra runs the Bat shoot once a month, generally on the third Wednesday of the month.

A link to the calendar is here:  http://www.ssaa.org.au/act/SSAA_ACT_Calendar_Jan2014-Jan2015.pdf

Ignore the 500m Bat Shoot on the calendar, it can be hard enough to shoot the 300 at night without flags, 500 can be extremely challenging without being able to see any wind indicators, so we don't usually bother with it.

Cheers.

Dave.