Case lube?

Fred Blacker
Hi guys.
Just wondering what lube everyone else is using when sizing their brass. I have been using the imperial sizing die wax, but I am starting to run low, so thought I would find out what others are using? Pros and Cons?

Re: Case lube?

Ken Perrin
Fred for full length sizing i also use the Imperial sizing wax.
But for neck sizing i just dip the necks in powdered graphite.

Re: Case lube?

David Dundas
Thanks Ken,

I was watching this thread as well and will get myself some of that lube.

Cheers

Dave

Re: Case lube?

Fred Blacker
Thanks Ken.
I always full length size, so have always used the imperial wax.
Do you leave the imperial wax on after sizing? Or wipe them clean?
I know a few other shooters have spoken about "leave on case lube" that they use when resizing.

Re: Case lube?

Rob V
Hi Fred..
I also use the redding case lube and dip the neck in powder...
I did for a while use a, mixture of Isopropyl and 15%-20% liquid lanolin which worked really well but find as i dont shoot enough the solution changed over time but if you use it regularly it works well spray on like Hornady one shot from the Iso pump bottle..

Re: Case lube?

Ken Perrin
Fred i clean off the wax immediately after sizing with a microfiber cloth.
I personally do not think its a good idea to leave any kind of case lube on a loaded round
 because the case has to grip the chamber walls on firing preventing excessive bolt thrust.

Re: Case lube?

Stuart Pethy
FL bushing everytime with redding imperial wax, wipe off with rag once sized