Canberra Meeting

Pete van Meurs
Banned User
Hi All,

As I proposed on another thread some while back it is my intention to call a meeting of all 'Fly' shooters on Friday 9th March. Since no-one else has offered to chair this meeting I will presume to be the chair person. The meeting is scheduled for 5.00PM Friday 9th March in the Canberra club room and will begin at that time or as soon as Dave Groves is able to attend.
It is important that we have this meeting as the opinions etc expressed on this forum are not necesarily reflecting the majority view - only the majority of those using this forum, rather than a wider number of 'Fly' shooters. The first 'Fly' Nationals gives us an ideal opportunity to canvas as wide a cross-section of opinion as possible. Matters relating to SOTY and State Of Origin can be finally settled by the widest possible audience before the first shot is fired.

The agenda -

SOTY - as Jaegen should be in attendance he will be able to offer up his latest version of how this should be run for all to discuss and vote on. Pls bear in mind all the comments made in other threads on this forum as we do not need to waste time going over old stuff.

State Of Origin - Again a matter of how many results from each participant state/territory need to be counted at each of the two Canberra matches. Any more than 3 seems very biased toward NSW - have your say.

'Fly' Rule changes - unless I have been kept in the dark, the only presentation regarding rule changes that has been put to the Benchrest Commitee is by Victoria. These proposals should have been widely enough circulated by now. In any case we should discuss them in order for the States to advise their delegates how they wish them to vote.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Pete

Re: Canberra Meeting

Dave Groves
Hi Peter,
                  There are currently 77 individuals entered in the BRT Federal Cup/Inaugural Fly Nationals, so we shouldn't have too much trouble getting a few interested shooters to the meeting.

I will put out an e-mail to the participants making them aware of the meeting, would you like to propose an agenda?

I can also put out some information on what will be discussed in the agenda or as an issues paper? Could you please send me the latest draft of the Victorian proposals for changes to the rulebook if you would like that circulated.

Thanks also for saying you'll wait for me....hopefully I won't hold up the start, looks like there will be enough people around to do the prep work thanks to those who have made kind offers of help.

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: Canberra Meeting

Pete van Meurs
Banned User
Hi Dave and others,

I will email the documents in a day or two for Dave to forward to all entrants. The agenda is fairly much as per my original post but will try to improve on it, again for Dave to email out. Meanwhile I await any contributions/questions etc. Please note that any and all discussions re  'side-bets' or 'Team Shoots' are outside the parameters of this proposed meeting.

Pete