Blue Heeler Classic "Wagga"

Jethro
Just wanted to know, when the results for wagga will be posted.

Re: Blue Heeler Classic "Wagga"

chappo (Greg Chapman)
This post was updated on .
About now im guessing !!!

Sorry guys. My thumb drive went for a little excursion through the washing machine. Apparently if you leave it out for a few days its fine to use again!!

Thanks to all competitors for making our shoot so enjoyable. Good to see the familiar faces and to meet the new guys and girls.

Copy_of_Wagga_Blue_Heeler_2017_results_clean.xls

Winners
LG 500m
1st Grant Groves 263.05
2nd Ken Perrin 258.07
3rd Marcus Bowen 251.03
Small Group Marcus Bowen 1.152
High Target  Marcus Bowen 59.01

HG 500m
1st Paul Deehan 270.04
2nd Peter Merriman 251.11 (yep 11 flies)
3rd Marcus Bowen 241.04
Small Group Peter Merriman 1.747
High Target Paul Deehan 59.02

Junior 1st place was Stella Cross 205.01

Custom 300m
1st Peter Merriman 291.10
2nd Ken Perrin 290.08
3rd Paul Deehan 289.12
Small Group Paul Deehan 0.812
Hi gh Target Paul Deehan 60.04

Factory 300m
1st Gavin Power 252.03
2nd Keith Dowell 249.02
3rd Rob Valerie 248.02
Small Group Greg Chapman 1.739
High Target Keith Dowell 57.01

Junior 1st Place was Stella Cross with 166 (factory)

The Winner in each class on each day received a custom made billet alloy loading tray proudly supplied by Workhorse Engineering of Melbourne. These were fantastically machined and will be treasured by their new owners.

2 DAY AGG results
1st Paul Deehan 559.16 and winner of a Maddco Barrel proudly supplied by Pro-Cal trading
2nd Ken Perrin 548.15 and winner of 100 Lapua BR Cases supplied by Pro Cal Trading
3rd Peter Merriman 542.21

Nick Aagren was the winner of the random draw winning himself a Maddco Barrel proudly supplied by our sponser Pro Cal Trading.

Sorry it took so long to get this information up here.

cheers
Chappo
"Only accurate rifles are interesting". Col Townsend Whelen

Re: Blue Heeler Classic "Wagga"

Vince V
Looks like we missed out on great shoot !
Cant see the details as in smallest group etc ?
Unless I had a man look ?

What were the weather conditions like on both days ?

Re: Blue Heeler Classic "Wagga"

Ken Perrin
Vince  the weather was pretty good even with a bit of mirage on Sat there was some good targets shot.

Sunday was better at the 300mtr  with cloud cover most of the day & a few showers making bullet holes a lot easier to see.

Not sure of smallest group but i think it may have been by Marcus Bowen on Sat & Paul Deehan on Sunday.

Cheers Ken.

Re: Blue Heeler Classic "Wagga"

Michael Bell
Administrator
 Yes Vince, it was certainly another great shoot put on by the Wagga lads.
There were indeed some very good scores & targets shot (not by me!).

Paul Deehan's 270 was a fantastic effort to take out the HG category & outright honours as was Grant Groves 263 in the LG category. Grant, I think, is getting way to comfortable shooting some other blokes 6mm Pro Cal!!!!!

Congrats  to Marcus Bowen from Melbourne, who is a relative new comer to "Fly" shooting who had a very successful weekend.

Probably the most remarkable occurrence was Peter Merriman's hitting 11 Flys...truly a remarkable feat and I'm guessing a record that will stand for some time to come. That 7mm Saum is working like a laser.

All the Best,
Belly

Michael Bell