Best Air Rifle for Pest Control

Tim  Pavey
Hi people, A colleague is after advice as to the best type and  air rifle for pest control, without breaking the bank.
Your thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

Re: Best Air Rifle for Pest Control

Michael Bell
Administrator
Timmy,
I've had a Steyer hunting 5 in 22 cal for some time now. I have 3, 5 shot magazines & 2 air tanks. Still amaze's me how accurate it is.
It's rolled rabbits out to 80 meters but realistically it's affective range is under 50. Awesome on Blackbirds!!

They're a bit on the pricey side but are available from Potter Firearms who are now in Holbrook NSW.
Regards,
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: Best Air Rifle for Pest Control

Tim  Pavey
Thanks Michael, I'll pass the info on
cheers
Tim

Re: Best Air Rifle for Pest Control

max coady
Tim
Depends what pest you have? and how  closed to they are  to town or a another buildings?
Try low velocity pistol shorts, they don't make much noise out of my Brno rifle.
Max

Re: Best Air Rifle for Pest Control

john mc quire
Hello Tim   i use a side cocking  Diana 52  with a 3-9 power scope   - does a great job on pests  --   just have to be careful not to use light pellets  because they go super sonic   and you get a very loud crack   --   it is very accurate  out to 50 yards
                cheers   john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT